End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i might have to cut a burial song to give another one to owen though, as i've got 15 minutes to spare right now.

one owen song i might use will resonate with peefan because of the friend he hates.

Listening to Owen on myspace. Sounds like pretentious indie bullshit ala Death Cab.

the tourist said:
Listening to Owen on myspace. Sounds like pretentious indie bullshit ala Death Cab.

i like the sound, some of the lyrics i don't like as much, and sometimes his voice bothers me - it is a little emo. i think i like american football (his other project) better but they've got one album and owen's got a ton to choose from. i've only been through the catalogue about twice so i'm still getting to know the songs, it's jsut what i'm listening to now.

what songs are on myspace?

i looked at myspace. i don't like pietro crespi because its lyrics are ugh. i wish it was all instrumental actually.

in fact i don't like any of the latest stuff as much as earlier stuff, though his guitar is interesting on some of the later stuff. in the morning before work is from 2004, getting back to the stuff i like better.

I have 10 albums (2 are remastered with b-sides), one retrospective (2 disc, with lots of b-sides and rarities), and an EP by SF59. They're my favourite band. Of course I'm going to want to introduce people to them.

the tourist said:
I have 10 albums (2 are remastered with b-sides), one retrospective (2 disc, with lots of b-sides and rarities), and an EP by SF59. They're my favourite band. Of course I'm going to want to introduce people to them.

none of my artists are favorites - that'd be boring because everyone has heard u2 and billy joel and such. appleseed cast is the only one that has potential to make it to favorites. but all 4 are just artists i've discovered in the last few months and am listening to a bit now.

It'll be easier to pick and choose Black Rebel Motorcycle Club songs as I only have 4 albums and 2 EPs by them.

U2 haven't been my favourite band since about '99. My favourite bands since then have been Common Heroes, Loudermilk, Gosling, Vendetta Red, Sirens Sister, and now Starflyer 59.

The 3rd band I'm going to use is still up in the air. I may use Gosling.

the tourist said:
It'll be easier to pick and choose Black Rebel Motorcycle Club songs as I only have 4 albums and 2 EPs by them.

ooooooh goody i've been wanting to hear some!

i am down to 1:28. Owen's at the end, you can skip that part. I'm not sure you'll like any of it actually, as I have no idea what most of the bands you've listed as favorites sound like.

That's because the best music is generally the stuff you'll never find in pop culture.

the tourist said:
That's because the best music is generally the stuff you'll never find in pop culture.

i'm perfectly happy with my pop culture music, and i really do love the rock staples (plus some female singers, but i've been over them in the superthread), but i'm open minded to whatever. through eits guy i discovered i like indie, for example. :shrug:

coolian2 said:

Bitch please. It's spelt with a u.

mummy

egyptian-mummy-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom