End of Earth, Michigan Superthread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #226
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

so you were always an annoying, smug know-it-all?
Damn straight. For as long as I can remember, my mother has observed that "you have an answer for everything, André".

I think it was only natural that I ended up a debater.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #227
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

In Brisbane, I left a suitcase open at the top of my wardrobe and forgot about it. Ten months later, I was moving to Melbourne and was very nervous about getting it down. I opened it and SOME BIG FUCKING FLYING THING flew out. I already had insect spray on me, so I just sprayed shitloads and closed the door to the room.

No idea what the fucking thing was, because the next person to go into the room was my mother, who picked up the dead bug and threw it in the rubbish.

Ahhh! Fuck, i hate insects. A big factor for why i was so happy to move back to New Zealand in 1997.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Quote:

In Brisbane, I left a suitcase open at the top of my wardrobe and forgot about it. Ten months later, I was moving to Melbourne and was very nervous about getting it down. I opened it and SOME BIG FUCKING FLYING THING flew out. I already had insect spray on me, so I just sprayed shitloads and closed the door to the room.

No idea what the fucking thing was, because the next person to go into the room was my mother, who picked up the dead bug and threw it in the rubbish.
(i've used that a lot since i finally learned the damn code for it)

i try to make sure the suitcases under my bed are zipped shut.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #229
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 01:14 AM
I'm not too bad at navigating when I'm by myself. I map out the route the night before, make notes and keep the Melways on standby.

I like to yell at other drivers though
Old 05-05-2008, 06:28 AM   #230
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

I actually do quite well according to the rules, but i'm generally just unwilling to make an aggressive move. Unless someone pisses me off, then i'm trying to get them to see my selected hand gesture.

My navigation is alright too.
Ahh, right. If I could drive, I can totally see myself being That Guy Who Floors It Through Yellow Lights.

My one use on any driving expedition is as a navigator. Sure, I can't drive, but you'll never get lost with me reading the map. I've always loved maps and geography.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 06:28 AM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by cinnaminson
I'm not too bad at navigating when I'm by myself. I map out the route the night before, make notes and keep the Melways on standby.

when i'm in the car by myself or with a close friend, i totally yell at other drivers. almost nonstop commentary if there's bad traffic and people are being jackasses, and given that i drive in boston, probably they are.

i had sooooooo much fun when i drove with a friend to a concert in the burbs and there was one of those massive arena parking lots and leaving was a big competition. i am competitive. it was a blast. at one point i made her get out of the car and block another that wouldn't let me in by standing in front of it! then i bitched at drivers in front of me who let cars in, of course.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:29 AM   #232
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

i am an under-confident driver. i don't have that much experience, as i learned to drive only about 8 months before college and i don't have a car here. mostly it's that i've got a terrible awful dreadful sense of direction and i have to concentrate so much of my brain on getting that right that i get nervous that i'm distracted while driving. i think experience will make me a lot better. that and a gps.
Sometimes i'm really confident and sometimes i get out of the car a shaky mess. And i'll even have that on the same route.

Some days i'll drive to Mt Smart Stadium and i'll have spent so much time talking that i can't remember any of the trip, and sometimes i'm so wired into concentrating on the road it takes me forever to relax.

Bizarre.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:29 AM   #233
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Ahh, right. If I could drive, I can totally see myself being That Guy Who Floors It Through Yellow Lights.

My one use on any driving expedition is as a navigator. Sure, I can't drive, but you'll never get lost with me reading the map. I've always loved maps and geography.
fat lot of good you were a few weeks ago
Old 05-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #234
Vocal parasite

Quote:

(i've used that a lot since i finally learned the damn code for it)

i try to make sure the suitcases under my bed are zipped shut.
Yeah, I always zip stuff shut. In this case, I'd just forgotten, and by the time I noticed, it had already been months and I didn't want to know what was living in there, so I put it off as long as I could!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #235
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:44 AM
Quote:

i debate you on your navigation skillz. or was that dannys fault?

i like to yell at other drivers alllll the time.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #236
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

That's me, unless i'm not feeling too confident. Usually, in Auckland though i have a bus or truck right up my clacker and i need to floor it through yellow lights.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #237
Blue Crack Supplier

And i've been on my learners license for like three years
Old 05-05-2008, 06:31 AM   #238
Vocal parasite

Quote:

fat lot of good you were a few weeks ago
If you'd had me in the car with a map open on my lap, I can guarantee you that you would not have ended up on Chapel Street.

Though you probably still would have ended up behind a tram somewhere along the way ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-05-2008, 06:31 AM   #239
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

Sometimes i'm really confident and sometimes i get out of the car a shaky mess. And i'll even have that on the same route.

Some days i'll drive to Mt Smart Stadium and i'll have spent so much time talking that i can't remember any of the trip, and sometimes i'm so wired into concentrating on the road it takes me forever to relax.

Bizarre.
that's weird. i generally get into a car nervous, relax immediately if i actually know wehre i'm going, or remain nervous if i'm following unknown directions, particularly confusing ones.

i'm also a little nervous on the highway as i'm bad at changing lanes, again, inexperience.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:31 AM   #240
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

i debateyou on your navigation skillz. or was that dannys fault?

i like to yell at other drivers alllll the time.
when I'm alone I'm fine but with others, mm, not so good

Tags
superthread