End of Earth, Michigan Superthread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #211
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,049
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


I'll have my license soon enough.


Shame i always drive like i'm drunk.


I actually know the road rules perfectly. I'd be a fucking good driver if, you know, I could see. The map we had in the car when I was younger had the New Zealand road code at the back, so whenever we were driving around, I'd read it and piss off my mother (who is actually an exceptionally good driver) by correcting her.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:20 AM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


It's amazing how often I have to do this.

But then I'm nearly legally blind. I have an excuse.
I have an excuse too.....my room is a tip. I don't know the last time i put clean washing away. I don't want to now in case i find something scary under the pile.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #213
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


It's amazing how often I have to do this.

But then I'm nearly legally blind. I have an excuse.
zing.

as my dorm phone only calls campus numbers, if i lose my phone i have to chat a friend and ask them to call it, or ask my friend next door if she's there. at home i call my cell all the time. once it was under my bed. wtf. in the library last month i had to borrow a semi-stranger's phone to call it - it had fallen into a seat cushion!
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #214
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


someone explain why that was funny to the dumb american.
weeelll, from my side, Warrnambool is a really daggy town. Also, most of my family live about half an hour from there. MMMm, romantic
__________________
Cin is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #215
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver




I actually know the road rules perfectly. I'd be a fucking good driver if, you know, I could see. The map we had in the car when I was younger had the New Zealand road code at the back, so whenever we were driving around, I'd read it and piss off my mother (who is actually an exceptionally good driver) by correcting her.
I actually do quite well according to the rules, but i'm generally just unwilling to make an aggressive move. Unless someone pisses me off, then i'm trying to get them to see my selected hand gesture.

My navigation is alright too.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #216
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,049
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Seriously, if anyone comes to NZ and wants to visit most of the place, tell me. There is a shitload of stuff i want to do here that i'll never get around to otherwise.
You're so in on my driving tour. It's been in the works for ages - mainly just me thinking of where I want to go, ever since the two people I originally intended to it with ceased to be my friends.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #217
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver




I actually know the road rules perfectly. I'd be a fucking good driver if, you know, I could see. The map we had in the car when I was younger had the New Zealand road code at the back, so whenever we were driving around, I'd read it and piss off my mother (who is actually an exceptionally good driver) by correcting her.
so you were always an annoying, smug know-it-all?
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #218
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


zing.

as my dorm phone only calls campus numbers, if i lose my phone i have to chat a friend and ask them to call it, or ask my friend next door if she's there. at home i call my cell all the time. once it was under my bed. wtf. in the library last month i had to borrow a semi-stranger's phone to call it - it had fallen into a seat cushion!
I'm often asking my sister to call my phone, or she's asking me.

I liked my old phone, because when i had it on silent it still had a light that flashed when it was ringing.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #219
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


I'm often asking my sister to call my phone, or she's asking me.

I liked my old phone, because when i had it on silent it still had a light that flashed when it was ringing.
oh i'm in so much trouble when my phone is lost and off. on silent it doesn't flash but the screen turns on at least.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #220
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


You're so in on my driving tour. It's been in the works for ages - mainly just me thinking of where I want to go, ever since the two people I originally intended to it with ceased to be my friends.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #221
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


so you were always an annoying, smug know-it-all?
LMAO
__________________
Cin is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #222
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,049
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


I have an excuse too.....my room is a tip. I don't know the last time i put clean washing away. I don't want to now in case i find something scary under the pile.
In Brisbane, I left a suitcase open at the top of my wardrobe and forgot about it. Ten months later, I was moving to Melbourne and was very nervous about getting it down. I opened it and SOME BIG FUCKING FLYING THING flew out. I already had insect spray on me, so I just sprayed shitloads and closed the door to the room.

No idea what the fucking thing was, because the next person to go into the room was my mother, who picked up the dead bug and threw it in the rubbish.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #223
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


oh i'm in so much trouble when my phone is lost and off. on silent it doesn't flash but the screen turns on at least.
The screen lights up on my phone, but it's far less obvious than a flashing light (and i can't use it as a torch!)

I often think about buying a new phone if my phone is off and missing.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #224
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


I actually do quite well according to the rules, but i'm generally just unwilling to make an aggressive move. Unless someone pisses me off, then i'm trying to get them to see my selected hand gesture.

My navigation is alright too.
i am an under-confident driver. i don't have that much experience, as i learned to drive only about 8 months before college and i don't have a car here. mostly it's that i've got a terrible awful dreadful sense of direction and i have to concentrate so much of my brain on getting that right that i get nervous that i'm distracted while driving. i think experience will make me a lot better. that and a gps.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #225
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


I often think about buying a new phone if my phone is off and missing.
__________________

__________________
Varitek is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com