'Empire Strikes Back' Actor Sheard Dies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Aug 31, 8:47 AM EST

The Associated Press

LONDON -- Michael Sheard, who played Admiral Ozzel in "The Empire Strikes Back" and Adolf Hitler five times, including in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," has died, his agent said. He was 65.

Sheard died on Wednesday at his home on the Isle of Wight off the southern coast of England, agent Liz Hobbs said. He had been suffering from cancer.

Sheard appeared in more than 40 feature films, working with actors including Lawrence Olivier, David Niven, Roger Moore and Sean Connery.

He is best known in Britain for his role as Maurice Bronson, the teacher who terrorized his pupils in the long-running teenage soap, "Grange Hill."

Sheard is survived by his wife, Ros, and three children. Funeral details were not immediately available.

Aardvark747 said:
His Grange Hill role was :up:

:yes: RIP.

(If anyone is wondering how an 18 year old can possibly remember Mr Bronson when her era was far more the 'Judy' period it's 'cos they used to repeat classic Grange Hill on children's morning TV)

TheQuiet1 said:

:yes: RIP.

(If anyone is wondering how an 18 year old can possibly remember Mr Bronson when her era was far more the 'Judy' period it's 'cos they used to repeat classic Grange Hill on children's morning TV)

Same for us in their early 20's too!:)

I remember Mr Bronson the first time around! Only just, I might add!

I didn't realise Michael Sheard had been in 40 fims though. It is sad news that he has passed away.:(

Back
Top Bottom