eMOTIVe- New APC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anybody else pick this up yet? As with anything APC, it's pretty dense. Lyrically more accessible, of course, since most of the songs are covers of politically charged protest songs. I like the album so far. It's got a very slow build to it. Not necessarily within each song, but the volume and instrumentation seems to get louder and heaver with each track. Very dark and atmoshperic. Not sure how they did with Imagine, still undecided on Peace, Love, and Understanding, too. BUT, the cover of "What's Goin' On" is possibly the best I've heard.

This is a good album, but very political for those wary of such things.

Just finished the album, the final track, Joni Mitchell's "The Fiddle and the Drum" is absolutely amazing, a capella. This is a great track. Fucking stunning

Damn you halloween!!! Take my disposable income will ya!!

I'll be picking this album up the second I get paid next week.

Imagine is very well done in my opinion. But my favorite track has got to be "Count Bodies Like Sheep To The Rythme Of The War Drum" That beat is amazing.

Last edited:
Yeah, the original songs are really good. But I think the second half of the album owns the first half, perhaps because of rather than in spite of the fact that they're lesser known songs

i will be picking it up ASAP. i love their take on imagine. combining the hopeful lyrics with the darker music makes for a really interesting take on the song. glad you like the album.

now since APC is done with virgin maynard can get back to tool. :up:

i finally bought this tonight and the topic deserves to go to the top.

wow. :drool:

amazing arrangements going on here. i really like passive. too bad that counting bodies like sheep... is just more or less a remix of pet from the last album.

buy this. :up:

The cover of 'What's Going On' is simply beautiful.

They butchered 'Imagine' though.

The accapella Fiddle and Drum is really cool, like Passive also.

It's just so typically morose and pitiful for this type of band, and as I said I really like this band, moreso Tool.

Imagine is a song of hope out of despair (among many things) it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written. What did they do with it? They made it dark and foreboding, or haunting. It's absurd. Just a good band doing a bad version of a brilliant song.

It's not the worst version of Imagine I have heard, Blues Traveler did it for the Lennon tribute about 9 years ago, it was so bad it was reprehensible, considering most of that tribute album was very good.

And again, the Marvin Gaye song is beautiful, great harmonies, the Devo song is cool, the original Passive is cool and so on. But "imagine" is one of the best songs ever written, to cover it as if it were some gothic, black lipstick, woe-is-me song is laughable.

i am an huge APC fan.......... still haven't got the album, i will get it soon.........although i don't like when artist do covers album.....
but apparently the Imagine i heard doesn't sound that bad to me.........

Back
Top Bottom