Emmys tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
Candace Bergen's attire was... :yuck: I couldn't believe it. It was like a bad Project Runway challenge :crazy:

and for the best duo of the evening:
1414__daily_l.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo5Hdd0FVjw&mode=related&search=

I love how Harrison Ford was cracking up too :lol:.

"Wolverine, I could have lost to. He's got claws for hands!" :lmao:

Last edited:
AtomicBono said:

er...why's that exactly?

you do realize that he's playing a character?

Because of his sour grapes on losing (justly) to Barry Manilow and making a point of it when he was presenting with Jon Stewart....."I lost to BARRY MANILOW!!!".

Oh boohoo!!........if the guy had 1/10th the talent Barry has perhaps he WOULD have won - of course it also didn't help that he was nominated in the WRONG CATEGORY!

If he's a NEWS show he should be nominated in the awards for NEWS programs, if he's a comedy show then he should have been nominated in the comedy show category (with "Will and Grace" and the other comedy shows), if he's a talk show then, again, he was in the WRONG category......just like David Letterman and Craig Furguson had no business being nominated in that category because they are talk shows and not variety shows.

Am I beating my head against a brick wall?

:banghead: :banghead:

AchtungBono said:

Because of his sour grapes on losing (justly) to Barry Manilow and making a point of it when he was presenting with Jon Stewart....."I lost to BARRY MANILOW!!!".

Oh boohoo!!........if the guy had 1/10th the talent Barry has perhaps he WOULD have won - of course it also didn't help that he was nominated in the WRONG CATEGORY!

If he's a NEWS show he should be nominated in the awards for NEWS programs, if he's a comedy show then he should have been nominated in the comedy show category (with "Will and Grace" and the other comedy shows), if he's a talk show then, again, he was in the WRONG category......just like David Letterman and Craig Furguson had no business being nominated in that category because they are talk shows and not variety shows.

Am I beating my head against a brick wall?

:banghead: :banghead:

whoa, calm down. it's not worth freaking out over. your guy won so don't worry about it, k?

1) He was obviously "in character"... as in, he was joking

2) It's NOT a real news program. It's on Comedy Central

3) There is no category for talk shows. They're considered variety shows since they include skits, performances, etc.

Is it just me or do others think that a "special", be it an awards show or Barry Manilow (no offense, just citing an example), should even be nominated in the same category as shows that air on a nightly or weekly basis? :shrug:

AtomicBono said:

whoa, calm down. it's not worth freaking out over. your guy won so don't worry about it, k?

1) He was obviously "in character"... as in, he was joking

2) It's NOT a real news program. It's on Comedy Central

3) There is no category for talk shows. They're considered variety shows since they include skits, performances, etc.

lol.....I'm good, I'm good...........:wave:

bono_212 said:
Out of curiosity what was that picture of Stephen with the board of Manilow about?

He has a segment on his show where people (or things) are put "on notice" - aka ticking him off. LOL. When someone's on notice, that person has 60 days to answer their "summons" or they're placed on his "Dead to Me" list. :wink:

Last edited:
I'm only just starting to really get into Colbert so I haven't seen this bit yet, BUT he was on vacation last week wasn't he? So perhaps we can expect this this evening :hmm:

bono_212 said:
I'm only just starting to really get into Colbert so I haven't seen this bit yet, BUT he was on vacation last week wasn't he? So perhaps we can expect this this evening :hmm:

Colbert & Stewart are both off this week - back on 9-11-06

curses....were they off two weeks then? all last week was reruns including the Neil Young episode (which was just as good the second time around)

Lila64 said:
Is it just me or do others think that a "special", be it an awards show or Barry Manilow (no offense, just citing an example), should even be nominated in the same category as shows that air on a nightly or weekly basis? :shrug:

good point, they should have a seperate category for specials or whatever.

I don't know if we need an awards show category in an awards show though..."and best awards show goes to...THE EMMY'S!!!!! WOOOOOOO ALRIGHT WE WON!!!"

yeah one more week of non DS/CR :(

Back
Top Bottom