Emmys tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gosh Darn it I wanted Christopher Meloni to win....

But yeah I love Kiefer too :D so I guess it was a win/win thing for me

But Christopher Meloni's never won before :( and the lady who plays Benson did so it would've been nice if they had both won

That would've been great...aww too bad they aren't nearly as creative as they should be

There you guys leave Tony alone now :lol:

Ok, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

But the Arrested non-sweep was pretty great to watch. :yuck:

U2democrat said:
I :heart: Stephen Colbert! He should have swept :madspit:

I'm glad I didn't watch Stephen losing to...shudder...Barry Manilow. I would have thrown something and broken the screen on my new TV set!!!

Letterman or Conan would have been okay. Dave is wonderful and so is Conan, who would have deserved it for having U2 on for an hour alone. But Barry Manilow?!?!? Over STEPHEN COLBERT?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!??!!??!?!

Diebold must have tabulated the votes!!!!!

This will be my last negative post, but NBC really did not do a good job with the Emmys this year.

Alot of things were really too forced, rushed, and disjointed which made for a weird telecast.

The Academy needs to get their acts together, with Two and Half Men being nominated over My Name is Earl, Jason Lee, Hugh Laurie, Jason Bateman, and everyone from Lost getting snubbed, come on now.

//rant.

I love both of them SVU's one of my favorite shows so I just wish they both had won :(

show was boring except for the opening and Stewart/Colbert. A little biased? Perhaps :wink:

Barry Frickin' Manilow? WTF :scream:

My fave award is usually for the comedy writing - love it every year. I had to Tivo the show for my daughter who wasn't home, so I can go back and re-watch my (few) fave parts. I always get teary for the 'In Memoriam' portion. So many big names passed away :sad:

Lila64 said:
show was boring except for the opening and Stewart/Colbert. A little biased? Perhaps :wink:

Barry Frickin' Manilow? WTF :scream:

My fave award is usually for the comedy writing - love it every year. I had to Tivo the show for my daughter who wasn't home, so I can go back and re-watch my (few) fave parts. I always get teary for the 'In Memoriam' portion. So many big names passed away :sad:

YES!!!!!!!

B-A-R-R-Y F-R-I-C-K-I-N M-A-N-I-L-O-W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me why THAT is weirder than frigging Eminem winning an OSCAR for gods sake.....

YAY BARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

AtomicBono said:
I can't believe Stephen Colbert lost to Barry Manilow. WTF is all I have to say about that!

Glad to see The Daily Show win two awards though.

I hope The Office wins best comedy (Carell should've won imo) and Project Runway best reality show

Barry has been around for 30 years and is a show business icon.....

Who the heck is Stephen Colbert????????

BARRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Diane L said:

I'm glad I didn't watch Stephen losing to...shudder...Barry Manilow. I would have thrown something and broken the screen on my new TV set!!!

Letterman or Conan would have been okay. Dave is wonderful and so is Conan, who would have deserved it for having U2 on for an hour alone. But Barry Manilow?!?!? Over STEPHEN COLBERT?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!??!!??!?!

Diebold must have tabulated the votes!!!!!

I ask again....WHO is this Stephen Colbert guy? I've never heard of him?

LMAO!!!

I'm sorry for posting so much but I'm absolutely OVER THE MOON over watching Barry Manilow winning the Emmy.

I've been a fan for over 30 years and it's one of those moments that you always look forward to.

I'm sure you all feel the same when U2 win awards, right? So kindly grant us Manilow fans our chance to be happy....and GLOAT at all the naysayers........heehee.

GO MANILOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

At this point I watch just for the dresses. Some very pretty ones last night. Katherine Heigl looked incredible, and I was glad to see Ellen Pompeo looking less skeletal. Purple seemed to be the in color, Evangeline Lilly looked beautiful too.

Hugh Laurie speaking French was hot

emmy_fashion_6.jpg

I love Candice Bergin and she's a beautiful woman, but what the??

emmy_fashion_5.jpg

emmy_fashion_1.jpg

emmy_fashion_3.jpg

emmy_fashion_11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom