Emmy Lou Harris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I love her and her beautiful voice .
It's her birthday today
... (and my namesake giacomo casanova and marvin gaye..o marvin marvin marvin)

Thank you emmylou.

Originally posted by cass:
I love her and her beautiful voice .
It's her birthday today
... (and my namesake giacomo casanova and marvin gaye..o marvin marvin marvin)

Thank you emmylou.

I would like to stop random people on the street and tell them to get "Wrecking Ball" asap. A wonderful gem of a record, produced by Daniel Lanois and featuring none other than Larry Mullen, Jr. on drums. A must-have. An absolutely gorgeous record.

Originally posted by Danospano:
harris is so hot!

that's all I wanted to say.

Amen!

Oh, and Red Dirt Girl is also a gorgeous album (Adam and Larry aren't playing on it, but it still sounds great).

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Her work with Gram Parsons, particularly on Grievous Angel, is really gorgeous, too.

Elite Hotel! Luxury Liner! Her cover of "Here There & Everywhere" (to die for)! Bringing back lots of good memories.

I saw her and Daniel Lanois together a few years ago. Really wonderful.

Of course Emmylou is great; she is from my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama!

Her Christmas album, LIGHT OF THE STABLE, is worth hearing as well.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
Elite Hotel! Luxury Liner! Her cover of "Here There & Everywhere" (to die for)! Bringing back lots of good memories.

I saw her and Daniel Lanois together a few years ago. Really wonderful.

I LOVE luxury liner!!!!!!!!

I saw emmylou & danny lanois together too!!!! It was great!!!

i go back a ways. Rodney Crowell was her backup band for years. If you haven't discovered one of America's greatest songwriters (and singers), Rodney Crowell, you will by listening to Emmylou because she did many of his songs on her albums. "Till I Gain Control Again" has to be one of the most incredible love songs ever written, and the way she does it as long as you live you'll never forget. Anyway, listen to "Boulder to Birmingham" which is on her first album, which she wrote, which is about Gram Parsons, the feeling and pain in it make you cry. We would all walk all the way from Boulder to Birmingham, just to see you, just to see your face (of those we love).

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 04-04-2002).]

I look at Emmylou Harris the same way I look at Bonnie Raitt....with my tongue hangin' out, drooling, and panting like a ....well, you get the picture.

Those are two of the most sexy women alive.

And they're great singers, too.

I love the Elite Hotel album. I only have it on old old cassette tape.I'd be so upset if the tape break. I have lots of great music on cassettes made in the 70's. Precarious? I hope not.
Of all things, I love a cover version (I love LOTS of others too). Emmylou sings Here There and Everywhere. I saw her on April 13 last year in very nice circumstances, a gift.April 13, same day Daniel Lanois is being inducted this year? That would be cool.
I was having a second listen to the new silverchair single and their last song
Too Much of Not Enough ran so beautifully into The Pearl by Emmylou, which I played next."...we drink our fill and still we thirst for more.."It was a great moment
smile.gif

Emmylou Harris is GREAT!!!

What more can be said.

I'm thinking of buying Luxury Liner too... Since its her birthday, I'll buy it in honor of her.
smile.gif

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Originally posted by U2live:
i go back a ways. Rodney Crowell was her backup band for years. If you haven't discovered one of America's greatest songwriters (and singers), Rodney Crowell, you will by listening to Emmylou because she did many of his songs on her albums. "Till I Gain Control Again" has to be one of the most incredible love songs ever written, and the way she does it as long as you live you'll never forget. Anyway, listen to "Boulder to Birmingham" which is on her first album, which she wrote, which is about Gram Parsons, the feeling and pain in it make you cry. We would all walk all the way from Boulder to Birmingham, just to see you, just to see your face (of those we love).

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 04-04-2002).]

Rodney!! Boulder to Birmingham!!

Back
Top Bottom