Eminem To Impersonate Bin Laden In His New Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Eminem Impersonates Osama Bin Laden In New Video
Wed Apr 24-Launch

For Eminem's 1999 commercial debut, "My Name Is," the controversial Detroit-bred rapper impersonated former President Bill Clinton. Now, he switches political hats for his latest video, "Without You," taking on the likeness of leading September 11 terrorist attack suspect Osama Bin Laden.

In the video, which features Dr. Dre, D12, and new protege Obie Trice, Bin Laden appears on the Sally Jessy Raphael Show. Eminem also portrays Raphael in the video, scheduled to premiere next month.

According to Eminem's spokesperson, the song, which is expected to impact radio on Friday (April 26), is about "the world feeling so empty without Eminem, and why he's coming back."
rolleyes.gif

Eminem is also confirmed to perform on Saturday Night Live on May 11. His third album, The Eminem Show, is scheduled to be released on June 4.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on this, and on Eminem. And as much as he shoots off his mouth in order to get attention, MY world certainly has not been empty without him. Can you say egomaniac ? He also will be playing himself in a semi-autobiographical movie.

And it's one thing for him to insult N'Sync, Christina, Britney, etc-but to impersonate Bin Laden? Rather tasteless so soon after 9/11, imo, even if he's making fun of Bin Laden. Does anyone think his music really has anything to offer?

I admit-I will be curious to see him as Sally Jessy
biggrin.gif

That is.. ugh. I don't know if I am just a loser who can't take a joke, but I think it is a really, really bad idea.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

I really don't care either way, if it's funny I'll laugh, if it's not I won't

I don't really think of it as an ego thing with him, it's all a very calculated and elaborate marketing strategy, albeit, different than the one we just experienced with the U2 campaign

Well, I have been a fan in the past. I'm not as enthusiastic about him as I was two years ago, but I applaud him for what he is trying to do. I don't like his lyrics, and I don't think his music is particularly good, but I just think its funny to see Whitey try to act like a rapper. It's very entertaining.

------------------
I from the south- I'm a southern girl.

I'm over disliking Marshall if he wants to be Osama, good for him. If he wants to be Sally, great. He's only trying to draw more attention and controversy to himself so that by the time his new record hits the store shelves people will be running out to see what all the fuss is about... he's a clever man but people aren't paying attention to the games he's playing.

Eminem was quoted as saying that he wants all the women in the world and if he doesn't get them he falls to the ground and starts kicking his feet... now he wants to seem charismatic and emotional for the women. That's a good way to sell records too.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
The Eminem Show, is scheduled to be released on June 4.

mad.gif
White trash is going to inundate the stores on my birthday?! Gah!!!

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

I hate that piece of crap.

But, people here will snap this garbage up, making him even more money and thus pushing us further down the hole of mediocrity that has become the norm.
rolleyes.gif

Sorry, there were no jobs in the paper today.
mad.gif

------------------
Blood and blisters, on my fingers
Chaos rules when we're apart
Watch my temper, I go mental
I'll try to be gentle...

I heard his new single on the radio last night. I liked it...maybe not so much for the words, but I liked the beat...really lively.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Eminem has no clue with bin Laden is. he's just trying to get attention.

As a former Detroiter, I want to once again apologize to all of you. We should have never let that guy out of Detroit to be unleashed on the world. Our bad.

Maybe the U.S. Army will mistake Eminem for the real bin laden and blow the living shit out of him with some heavy artillery or soemthing... *daydreams*

"oh yeah, check it out, i'm baaad" stiring controversy attitude is getting

BORING.

Back
Top Bottom