EMINEM... Should I get a copy!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I will not heed the mainstream and get an Eminem album... I will not heed the mainstream and get an Eminem album... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Boy :yikes: am I tempted... The Eminem Show is on sale due to the Grammies event... :banghead:

I saw 8 mile... and I appreciate Eminem's production quality and admire his mad rhyming skills.... but I ... must .... not.... give ... into temptation....

Someone :help:

:crack:

If you really want it, download the music. He really doesnt deserve the money. I'm kinda biased though, I think he's walking scum. I know what you mean about respecting his talent, cause he is talented. I still think he's a putz though.

I personally would rather listen to Jurassic 5 any day of the week...

Last edited:
I saw 8 mile and was all about listening to his stuff for about a week or so. I got tired of it really fast and I'm glad I downloaded for free and didn't waste any money on buyin a cd.

yeah... J5... Quality Control was fresh... but I was kinda disappointed with Power in Numbers... :slant:

theSoulfulMofo said:
yeah... J5... Quality Control was fresh... but I was kinda disappointed with Power in Numbers... :slant:

Very true. I was really excited with the lead single, What's Golden. Great song. The album is pretty inconsistent compared to Quality Control though.

The song with Nelly Furtado is ok too.

Dont heed the mainstream and get it if you want it mofo. I have it, I didn't purchase it, I burnt it for free off a friend. If I had heard it first and was unable to copy it, I would have bought it. I really like it, but I'm biased.
There are some fantastic tracks off it that will never see the light of day as single releases and not because he is 'misunderstood' or any of that garbage, but because people love to hate him. But I wont rave on about that now.
Download My Dad's Gone Crazy, Paul Rosenberg and perhaps White America. I'm not sure how you'd take that one though, some people would misinterpret it I guess. I dunno, I dont want to make excuses for him, people are entitled to their opinions.
Overall, I think its a good album.

u2popmofo said:
If you really want it, download the music. He really doesnt deserve the money. I'm kinda biased though, I think he's walking scum. I know what you mean about respecting his talent, cause he is talented. I still think he's a putz though.

I personally would rather listen to Jurassic 5 any day of the week...

:up:

I like Eminem, but I have yet to buy one of his albums. CD's are so damn expensive...it takes a lot to get me to buy one these days, it seems. I've been considering getting one of his though.

u2popmofo said:
If you really want it, download the music. He really doesnt deserve the money. I'm kinda biased though, I think he's walking scum.

Yeah, I only buy records from people that deserve my money, and I think I'm a pretty good judge of character because I read People magazine. This one time I stole a crate of Microsoft products and didn't feel bad about it at all. Bill Gates is rich as hell, and I doubt he works very hard so he really doesn't deserve money anyway. CHEERS GANG!

I have a burnt copy of 8 Mile soundtrack (trust me, Lose Yourself is the ONLY good song on there -- though, Lose Yourself is a very good song, but the rest really suck), and a real (but free! gotta love getting defective CDs that work just fine) copy of the Marshall Mathers LP. I actually like the Marshall Mathers LP quite a bit -- it's much better in terms of overall quality than the 8 Mile soundtrack.

:shrug: I still do not like Eminem as a peson, but I like his music.

Johnny Swallow said:

Yeah, I only buy records from people that deserve my money, and I think I'm a pretty good judge of character because I read People magazine.

I"ve never read People, I get all my info from Tiger Beat, Seventeen, and The Weekly World News! hehehe

Good point though, I do agree. You shouldnt download entire albums without buying it, that's pretty dishonest.

im sooooOOOOOOO tired of eminem complaining about how hes misunderstood and all his other bullshit. hes a complete tool that has talents that im not interested in whatsoever.

i dont care if its part of his alter-ego when he sings about killing his mom and his wife, thats messed up. hes a dickhead that deserves nothing but the worst.

eminem has talent, nelly is just flat out useless dear diary.

i mean khanada.

man, ive got to stop saying diary, its becoming more and more a part of me.

I watched the movie 8 Mile last week, I have to say that I'd never been interested in Eminem's music until I saw that movie. I wouldnt mind buying his newest album now actually.

u2popmofo said:
I watched the movie 8 Mile last week, I have to say that I'd never been interested in Eminem's music until I saw that movie. I wouldnt mind buying his newest album now actually.

Don't give in to the mainstream monster!!!...

oh screw it. Give the man even more money... then he'll start to lose his street credibility and be forced to retire... the perfect plan...mwhahahaha... mwhahahaha...

cujo said:
oh screw it. Give the man even more money... then he'll start to lose his street credibility and be forced to retire... the perfect plan...mwhahahaha... mwhahahaha...

:eyebrow:

you mean, like Dr. Dre, Snopp, Ice Cube, et al.?

theSoulfulMofo said:

you mean, like Dr. Dre, Snopp, Ice Cube, et al.?

Well if none of them are around... yes; somewhat... but who cares, what I say is inconsequential...

Dont worry Cujo, there about about 100 other cd's I'd rather buy before buying anything of Eminem's. I should have phrased it, "I wouldnt mind having his latest album". I dont really want to go out and buy it.

I do respect him a lot more now, not really sure why. I do though.

u2popmofo said:
I do respect him a lot more now, not really sure why. I do though.

Maybe because I said I didn't like him...

anyway, I did think that 8 mile was a decent movie, and despite what I've said before I think that Lose Yourself is pretty good (catchy)...

To each his own...

Back
Top Bottom