Eminem Release Brought Forward???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonAid

The Fly
Hey guys, just saw this on NME.com

...hope it happens!!

"EMINEM’s new album ’ENCORE’ has leaked onto the Internet, NME.COM can exclusively reveal.

Label bosses are now meeting to work out whether to bring forward the release of the record, which is currently scheduled for November 15.

When the rapper’s last album, ’The Eminem Show’ leaked online its release was brought forward as a damage control exercise when pirated copies of the record appeared in markets and shop stalls in American cities.

A source close to Eminem told NME.COM: "We’re not sure how much of the record has leaked but people are very concerned. The release date may now come forward."

This could gaurantee U2 a no.1 !

kennerado said:
I could of sworn this was a U2 forum.........

very good dear friend...

BUT!!! ...my point is:

Eminems album was going to be released one week before U2....and its sales expectations are going to be quite massive...probably 1 million in the first week...therefore about 600,000 in the second week, which would have made it hard for U2 to get to no.1 .....

..NOW, if they move Em forward a week to counteract the leak...then it would make it easier for U2 to get a No.1 first week...

eh?

Has anyone gone to any eminem\other rap message boards to see what the fans are like? Is it just all mindless babble like 'omg da fukn MandM new albumz ROX dog!' Completely off topic, but I want to know what type of ppl they are and I'm too lazy to find out myself. :wink:

I dont understand why the record company would
release these albums at these times anyways
It seems stupid.......:huh:

AussieU2fanman said:
Has anyone gone to any eminem\other rap message boards to see what the fans are like? Is it just all mindless babble like 'omg da fukn MandM new albumz ROX dog!' Completely off topic, but I want to know what type of ppl they are and I'm too lazy to find out myself. :wink:

theyre probably not unlike you. lazy, curious, enjoy music.

might be different music from yours, but theres little reason to assume they babble mindlessly anymore than what goes on here.

:wink:

The subject is off-topic. Eminem will sell well initially, but I think his new album will tank just like Alanis' sophomore effort which debuted strong then went downhill from there. U2 won't be #1 but their record will linger like a leech that refuses to go away, and will have sales that could rival ATYCLB and quality that could come close to Achtung (but not Joshua Tree).

Cheers,

J

So they're already promoting the second song from the album--"Mosh" after "Just Lose It"--and it hasn't even come out yet?

jick said:
The subject is off-topic. Eminem will sell well initially, but I think his new album will tank just like Alanis' sophomore effort which debuted strong then went downhill from there. U2 won't be #1 but their record will linger like a leech that refuses to go away, and will have sales that could rival ATYCLB and quality that could come close to Achtung (but not Joshua Tree).

Cheers,

J

psssst... this will be eminem's third album... fourth if you count the 8mile soundtrack. a little late for the sophomore jinx.

like it or not, eminem is now an established artist. he's not going away anytime soon, even if this album is sub-par... which none of us can really claim, seeing as we haven't heard it yet.

Last edited:
Also, moving up an album release four days doesn't seem like a preventative measure to me. Seems more like a marketing ploy.

AussieU2fanman said:

:lol:

I wouldn't go tread into those depths of incoherence and misspellings. :wink:

ya know, they did this with Eminem's album last time as well due to the "online leak". Wonder if they found that this helped sell albums and therefore changed dates? This rarely is done by artisits so twice in two years is suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom