Embrace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Last night I went to an Embrace gig and they were absolutely amazing. I think they are playing some shows in America soon and I'd highly recommend them to anyone who was thinking of going.

I don't think their latest album "Out of Nothing" has been released in America yet (at least that's what it says on their website) but I would recommend some of their older stuff like "Drawn from Memory" and "The Good Will Out"

I checked the band index but I could only see threads about the Gravity single. Any other fans here?

I love them too!

I ended up ordering the import cd because heck if I'm gonna wait for the US to get hip to them and release the cd! (Which was supposed to be released in May, I believe but has been pushed back... blah)

I also saw that they were opening for Snow Patrol, which I'm seeing in May... which Embrace are not opening for :( I was severely disappointed.

Would anyone be willing to AIM/YSI (or something) me some other songs?

hippy said:
I love them too!

I ended up ordering the import cd because heck if I'm gonna wait for the US to get hip to them and release the cd! (Which was supposed to be released in May, I believe but has been pushed back... blah)

I also saw that they were opening for Snow Patrol, which I'm seeing in May... which Embrace are not opening for :( I was severely disappointed.

Would anyone be willing to AIM/YSI (or something) me some other songs?

I posted another interferencer here some copies of Embrace tunes/ albums (one had their cover of D12's - How Come :drool: ). I could do the same for you if you want. Drop me an e-mail if you want, I think you can do it through here but I don't like posting it incase I get lots of junk mail so here is an alternate one I use: lara_mullen@yahoo.co.uk

:wave:

hippy said:
The more I've heard from the them... the more impressed I've become.

I think yuo'll really like their older stuff. Most of my friends think they are a mellow-coldplay type band. I am really surprised Embrace aren't more popular. I think they have heaps more talent than the coldplay blokes :shrug:

hippy said:
I wanted to thank you again, Lara... music fans rock, especially ones willing to send music across the "pond" :D

Once I get the cds, I would be happy to copy them for any US fans :D

No sweat, I'm currently copying them now. I'll send you the b-sides I have too. :up:

THEY'VE ARRIVED! :D

The cds finally arrived today *growls at US postal service*

:hyper: I listened to about half of "The Good Will Out" on the way home tonight and I can't wait to listen to more!

:hug: Thanks again, Lara! You rock my socks :)

jkayet said:
Yep, they are opening for snow patrol here in the states! I love them as well. :) The Good Will Out = :up:

I couldn't get 'Snow Patrol' ticket as they were sold out...I am even more disappointed now

'Embrace' courtesy of Ms Mullen :up:

I love embrace! My first taste of them was back in October. My friends picked me up from the airport in Boston. I had just come in off a flight from Ireland, and was going through my usual IRL - Boston tired feeling, and my friends were like you gotta here this new band! So thats the way I got to ride home that day. Very cool memory.

U2IrishOne said:
I love embrace! My first taste of them was back in October. My friends picked me up from the airport in Boston. I had just come in off a flight from Ireland, and was going through my usual IRL - Boston tired feeling, and my friends were like you gotta here this new band! So thats the way I got to ride home that day. Very cool memory.

i've heard some of the songs for album #5 and they are really, really good. they are barely known outside the uk it seems which is kind of sad, i think they're much better than the snow patrol/ coldplay groups people like so much here :shrug:

you're welcome hippy. i'm glad they arrived. i think you'll like the d12 cover and the drawn from memory tunes :hyper

Lara Mullen said:

i've heard some of the songs for album #5 and they are really, really good. they are barely known outside the uk it seems which is kind of sad, i think they're much better than the snow patrol/ coldplay groups people like so much here :shrug:

you're welcome hippy. i'm glad they arrived. i think you'll like the d12 cover and the drawn from memory tunes :hyper

you've already heard songs from the next album?

"Out of Nothing" hasn't even been officially released in the US yet :|

I do like the D12 cover! :lol: In fact, I like everything I've heard so far... I've had a chance to listen to everything but about half of "If You've Never Been"... :drool:

I'm frequently disappointed by the American music scene and the complete lack of availability of music outside of the top 40 charts. It seems that nothing exists in the US unless it's on those damn charts.

Which is why I love the internet and internet radio :D

What do they sound like? Someone above said they were somewhat similar to Coldplay...is that a correct correlation? I mean, I love Coldplay :dancing: Also, are they anything like Elbow, 'cause I downloaded some stuff from those guys off iTunes due to a few Interferencer's admiration of the band...but they really weren't my "style" so to speak. Yep.

I tend to talk much more than is needed. In conclusion, is there a US release date for their albums and do they have a website I could sample a few tracks from? I gotta admit, this thread has sparked my interest...

Last edited:
Catman said:
What do they sound like? Someone above said they were somewhat similar to Coldplay...is that a correct correlation? I mean, I love Coldplay :dancing: Also, are they anything like Elbow, 'cause I downloaded some stuff from those guys off iTunes due to a few Interferencer's admiration of the band...but they really weren't my "style" so to speak. Yep.

I tend to talk much more than is needed. In conclusion, is there a US release date for their albums and do they have a website I could sample a few tracks from? I gotta admit, this thread has sparked my interest...

Their last album had a song written by Chris Martin called Gravity which is really good and a lot of the tracks on Out of Nothing (which was released here last year but is released in America in June I think) are quite mellow and I could see the resemblance with bands like Coldplay. I don't really see a huge resemblance but there is a big crossover here between Embrace/ Coldplay fans.

"The good will out" and "Drawn from memory" are two of their old albums which are really, really worth checking out. I sent Fah & Hippy all their old stuff and their unreleased US album and they seem to like them. :up:

Their website is www.embrace.co.uk but I don't know if they have samples of their old songs. I only lurk in the messageboards and news forum. If you like I can send you some songs I have online. I think I have some links from when I sent some to my friend last week.

Hippy, I heard 2 new songs when they played their gig in Belfast last month. They are really energetic. I can never find recordings of their shows though. :shrug:

Last edited:
I saw Embrace open up for Snow Patrol on Monday and they were horrible. Maybe it was just an off night for them, but they were the worst band I have ever seen live. Their music was fine and sounded good, but I have seen bands at talent shows with 10 times more stage presence than these guys had. It was the most boring show I have ever seen. They had no energy! None!!

Lara Mullen said:

"The good will out" and "Drawn from memory" are two of their old albums which are really, really worth checking out. I sent Fah & Hippy all their old stuff and their unreleased US album and they seem to like them. :up:

Their website is www.embrace.co.uk but I don't know if they have samples of their old songs. I only lurk in the messageboards and news forum. If you like I can send you some songs I have online. I think I have some links from when I sent some to my friend last week.

Hippy, I heard 2 new songs when they played their gig in Belfast last month. They are really energetic. I can never find recordings of their shows though. :shrug:

I got hooked on the band through "Out of Nothing"... I heard "Gravity" on internet radio and :heart: it! So I bought the import album because, at that point, there was no scheduled release date for the album in the US... now it's supposed to be released June 14th... :shrug:

I think you can listen to some of the b-sides and things on the "official" site... but you can also find links there to some awesome fan sites where you can grab more

I wish I could see them live :drool:

I Love their lastest,out of nothing:drool: What a superb album.I totally agree with comment that they are better than Coldplay.The songs are much more 'anthemic' (word?)
In fact i would class them as my 2nd favourite group at the mo:drool: :drool: :drool:

boystupidboy said:
Track number 6,keeping,one of the greatest songs ever :drool: :drool:

Keeping :heart:

One of the rare times I agree with boystupidboy. :lol: :D

Back
Top Bottom