Embarassing weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyMarie

Acrobat
True story!

Saturday I walked out to the mailbox and got my mail out. I was opening and reading everything as I was walking back to the house. I had a package, so I opened it and reached in. I felt something really squishy... WTF?? I looked inside... "Ho-ly Shit!" So I looked on the front of the envelope and it was addressed to my neighbor across the street. All I could say was OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!

So what was in the package, you ask?? Drum roll please...
It was a SEX TOY. Yes, that's right, a SEX TOY. For men. It was a squishy jelly tube with a, erm... anus on one end and lips on the other. Along with a couple of Adam and Eve catalogs. My face was so freaking red! My hubby said he sure as hell wasn't gonna give it to him, and I needed to go knock on the door and give it to the guy.

When it got dark outside, hubby went to place the package in the neighbor's mailbox, and of course the neighbor drove up the street right then, so hubby ducked behind a bush! I will never be able to look at my poor neighbor the same again!

MrsSpringsteen said:
:lol:

So you opened the package? I think that's a federal offense :wink:

Yep, sure is! Don't worry though, that definitely taught me to inspect the package BEFORE I open it! :huh: Somehow, even if the neighbor were to realize his package had been opened, I doubt he would want to draw attention to it's contents... :wink:

nbcrusader said:

Perhaps. Taking the object from someone else's mailbox is definitely a federal offense.

You're right; where does the USPS responsibility for delivering the correct mail to the correct address cease? I assume that any package in my mailbox is mine; before I open it, am I required to read to whom its addressed even when its in my box?

Let's just be thankful this package didn't contain a pair of Sicy's used shoes from Ebay!
:yuck:

I wonder Mr. BAW, does anyone know what the "rules" are regarding that? The USPS in my area seem a bit lazy anyways. More than once I have seen the mail carrier place my packages in the neighbor's bigger mailbox instead of bringing it to me. And it wasn't so long ago that the carrier just stopped in front of my box for several minutes. She was slumped over and half hanging out the window. I was getting worried and went out to check on her, had my phone in case I needed to call 911. I called out "umm, Miss?" She didn't answer and I shook her arm, she jerked upright. She was ASLEEP! Yeah, I realize you're hot and tired but could you please take a nap somewhere besides in front of my box? :eyebrow:

MandyMarie said:
I wonder Mr. BAW, does anyone know what the "rules" are regarding that? The USPS in my area seem a bit lazy anyways. More than once I have seen the mail carrier place my packages in the neighbor's bigger mailbox instead of bringing it to me. And it wasn't so long ago that the carrier just stopped in front of my box for several minutes. She was slumped over and half hanging out the window. I was getting worried and went out to check on her, had my phone in case I needed to call 911. I called out "umm, Miss?" She didn't answer and I shook her arm, she jerked upright. She was ASLEEP! Yeah, I realize you're hot and tired but could you please take a nap somewhere besides in front of my box? :eyebrow:

I don't know the specifics, but sleeping on the job is pretty much a "no no" for postal workers.

If it's really bad, I would perhaps write a letter to the supervisor at the post office for your district.

MandyMarie said:
True story!

Saturday I walked out to the mailbox and got my mail out. I was opening and reading everything as I was walking back to the house. I had a package, so I opened it and reached in. I felt something really squishy... WTF?? I looked inside... "Ho-ly Shit!" So I looked on the front of the envelope and it was addressed to my neighbor across the street. All I could say was OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!

So what was in the package, you ask?? Drum roll please...
It was a SEX TOY. Yes, that's right, a SEX TOY. For men. It was a squishy jelly tube with a, erm... anus on one end and lips on the other. Along with a couple of Adam and Eve catalogs. My face was so freaking red! My hubby said he sure as hell wasn't gonna give it to him, and I needed to go knock on the door and give it to the guy.

When it got dark outside, hubby went to place the package in the neighbor's mailbox, and of course the neighbor drove up the street right then, so hubby ducked behind a bush! I will never be able to look at my poor neighbor the same again!

I'll thank you to not go thru my mail anymore.

:lmao:

What a story! I've only seen ads for these things. Never come across anybody actually ordering them! :ohmy: :yuck:

Re: Re: Embarassing weekend!

DeadMansParty said:

I'll thank you to not go thru my mail anymore.

Howdy neighbor! I saw you get your mail out of the box. You sure were parked there forever. Surely you could've waited until you were in your house before you umm... nevermind. :madspit:

:lmao: omg!!!!

and you gave it back!:ohmy:

I mean...of course you gave it back:shifty: why would you want to keep it:shifty:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom