Embarassing Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
I haven't seen an embarrassing moments thread in a while, and the speech thread made me remember two of mine. Anyways I do not really know how to dance, as it isn't really something I do, but somehow I ended up attempting to do it twice in speech class. The first time I was bellydancing up in front of the class, and second time, some girl pulled me up during her favorite song speech and started dancing with me. :eek:

The most recent one I had involved an accidental email. I sent this:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/strawberry.php

to my sister and my mom...or so I thought. I use Outlook Express and I forgot about the feature that copies any email addy I've responded to and gives it the name the original sender used. When I typed in "Mom" I actually sent it to Mrs. Edge's 70-something year old Mom!! :eek:

:reject: :lol:

I have the feeling she wasn't amused and I am soooo glad it wasn't the one with the guy playing the piano with his penis!!:uhoh:

i love the evil strawberry thingy!
me and my daughters watched it the first time a few months ago.
laughed and laughed...it reminded us of my sisters kids...they are a bunch of screamers

My last embarrassing moment was on my sisters birthday about 3 weeks ago, we all went out and her friends and I bought huge cocktails and they kept filling my glass up everytime I drank half a glass. At the end of the night I was making my way to the car and the heel of my shoe got caught in one of the cobbles outside and I tripped and fell. :| My sister said I was really mortifying her because I was singing "Lady in Red" infront of everyone while she was helping me up.

Mine by far was last year when my husband and I were at the car dealership. MY pants fell down and I didnt realize it for a minute or so. Hello orange underwear!

Well, this wasn't my most embarressing ever, but it was recent!

I went to the Catholic church on campus to see what they had up for the Pope. I go in there alot because it's a really beautiful church. This time, I failed to catch the massive glass door. (Why it isn't open is a mystery.) So...SMASH, CRASH, RATTLE, BANG. I think I said "Oh shit" aloud.

A bunch of people were praying. They all looked up and glared at me.

So I hastily grabbed some holy water and crossed myself and pretended to go light a votive. As soon as no one was looking, I beat a hasty retreat. I never did get to see the Pope's picture or the Byzantine icons they had. :uhoh:

What made it complete was a kid was sitting in a pew. I manage to see him on campus constantly, particularly if something embarressing has just happened to me...

I had an embarrassing episode at school last Friday.

I'm an electronics student (been attending for a year now) and in class we had to build a circuit and test it (I won't go into details...).

Well, I put one of the components in the wrong way and *BANG*

....the capacitor blew up! :huh:

It was so loud it sounded like a firecracker. I'm just lucky no one got hurt. Needless to say, I got a zero for that lab. :(

Oh yeah...and I'm one of two girls in the class, so I made a really nice impression for all those girls out there who want to study electronics, lol. My face was probably beet red for the rest of the night.

On a side note....that happened to be April Fool's. Imagine that...:eyebrow:

Bono's American Wife said:
The most recent one I had involved an accidental email. I sent this:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/strawberry.php

to my sister and my mom...or so I thought. I use Outlook Express and I forgot about the feature that copies any email addy I've responded to and gives it the name the original sender used. When I typed in "Mom" I actually sent it to Mrs. Edge's 70-something year old Mom!! :eek:

:reject: :lol:

I have the feeling she wasn't amused and I am soooo glad it wasn't the one with the guy playing the piano with his penis!!:uhoh:

:lmao:

A couple years ago we went to Panama City FL for vacation--I had on a new swimsuit. My friend asked me if that suit had a liner (bra type top) I said yes and pulled up to show her. We were waiting on the ferry to go across to Shell Island and there were about 200 people there at the dock. Well I didn't realize the liner was see thru and everyone (who was looking got a shot of my boobs-which aren't bad) and the funny thing is I had to spend the day over on the island with these people. Oh well--I figured they didn't know me. :wink:

Interesting stories, everyone :p.

Embarrassing moment that pops into my mind:

Okay, back when my family was living in Nebraska, there was this contest at a local store to win a big screen TV. My dad entered for it (but we didn't win).

So, a few months later, my family's back at that same store, doing some shopping, and this time, there's a contest to win some little cart thingy or whatever, something I think you can use on the farm. I notice who I believe to be my dad up there, and I think he's entering to win the thing, which puzzles me, as we don't live on a farm, and I can't recall a time when anyone in our house said we wanted that. So I go up to him, and am just starting to say, "You're not actually going to enter for that, are you?", when the person I'm talking to looks up at me.

Yeah. Turns out it wasn't my dad standing there, but rather it was some random guy entering the contest, and here I was, just about ready to make fun of him for it. I just apologized and quickly walked away :reject:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom