EMAIL BOMBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
There aren't any words......

.....mad....so mad.......

I will find out who you are.

You are going to reap what you sow.

Big Trouble.

To Be Continued...

That sucks... Any big harm to your computer, Angie??

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 05-02-2002).]

Aww thnx risti babe. No harm done.

BUT I'M STILL MAD!

mad.gif

Stage 1 complete of retaliation process.

To Be Continued...

what did it look like Angela? I got a couple of strange ones in the past 24, about "cellpadding" exe. attachments. ewwwDELETE!

Do -not- open files with
BAT .PIF .EXE .COM .SCR .VBS .REG in the name.

Email bombs are going around.
And not necessarily the persons fault that sent it. It can attach in their address book and automatically send it to everyone on their list.

So that's what those were. I've been recieving them all week. There's nothing in the body of the email but an attachment. If you have Outlook Express, it automatically asks if you want it opened. DO NOT OPEN IT!
That I remember, I've gotten these bombs from:
succulentsarah
michelof
Both of whom were msn or hotmail members.

Just thought I'd share this with you and give you guys a heads up. I've just been deleting them.

------------------
SlipStream Soul

i've been getting blank emails with no attachments from people with hotmail accts. and like an idiot, i open it thinking its an actual letter. is this bad? should i do something?

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

Yeah I've been getting those too, nellie.

I got one the other day, with the subject of "RiTaYoUaReMyLoVe" spelled just like that, I open it, there's nothing in the email, no text, no attachment, yet I see for a second on the status on the bottom it says something like "downloading picture". I think it may have been a virus, but so far everything is ok. Anyone else gotten an email like this?

Of course, I had a suspicion it may have been a virus but I open it anyway. It's kinda like driving along the highway and you get to an accident...you don't really want to look but you do anyway...

I did a virus scan, but I have been really bad about updating my virus definitions, but I'm going to buy an update of Norton this weekend.

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 05-02-2002).]

You can't get a virus unless you open the file. Opening the e-mail should have no effect, just DON'T OPEN ANY ATTACHMENTS!!!!!!! Also, there is no reason not to have an anti-virus program, they aren't that expensive and will save you a lot of grief. Just my 2 cents...

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

I don't think these had a virus, I didn't get a warning from the scanner.

I just deleted all 682 of the bloody things.

And yes, a hotmail user. Never a good idea to be opening stuff from anyone you don't know.

Thanks guys.

Me's getting them as well, but Zap Zone, my freemail provider filters and deletes them right away as I open them, thank God! I wonder where they're coming from!

ewww...i had two viruses in my computer recently. both were in my mirc folder, but the funny thing is, is that i haven't downloaded any programs in about three months, and i always download from the official sites (like mirc.com for mirc, icq.com for icq, etc.) so if i did get a virus it was from them. my husband got a couple of those blank e-mails with an .exe attachment, but he didn't open them, it was weird though cuz i didn't get any, yet he got like five in one day.

anyway, yes it is good to have virus scanners cuz it picked up on those viruses, which i think was the cause of my blue screen of death, and my comp acting funny...long story.

I recently read some article (I think on slashdot) that Klez is now the most-spread virus of all time. D'oh! Just remember: in times like these, you always have to be suspicious of the "from:" line...

[This message has been edited by Squid (edited 05-03-2002).]

Originally posted by Sicy:
zoney what happened??

I don't know!?

I was filling out an online resume for an HBO job in SF - and I started getting all of these error messages. Then - I put in a CD to reload everything, and that didn't work. It kept telling me the C Drive was not there (YIKES). So, I need to bring it in. Until then - I will be computing from coffee shops.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:

I just deleted all 682 of the bloody things.

frown.gif
682?!?

So everything should be fine now, right?
Yeah, since there was a virus on our computer i don't open emails unless it's someone i know.

Back
Top Bottom