Elvis Presley- Flaming Star, The King, American David...Precious Memories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I don't know if anyone else here is an Elvis Presley fan. He was such a wonderful part of my childhood. I have some stories and pics I would like to share. Does anyone else?

i ABSOLUTELY:heart: Elvis.

I was into elvis before i was ever into U2!

unfortunately i wasnt born while he was still alive, but id love to hear your stories cass, and definately look at some photos! how FINE was he in the 50s and 60s??!!

what a voice...what charisma..

ps i always thought that it was incredibly cool that for a while elvis and Michael Jackson were father and son in law!! thats like my two nearly very top singers being related...i dunno...just cool.....;)

Loving Elvis is in my family's DNA! :love: ELVIS :love:

I have stories, but I will have wait until after work to post.

omg omg omg

ELVIS!!!

My fave Elvis picture is one where he is wearing these great sunglasses-he really reminds me of bono and larry i see why they like him- oh but he was really doirty :ohmy:

*wanders off to find the picture*

I wasnt around when he was alive but i really like him!!!! :yes:

yeh well ill find the pic later :mad: :madspit: :grumpy: if neone finds it let me know :)

oh but the stories bout his gun obsession cracked me up- and his car wudnt work so he shot it 4 times and then it worked lmfao what a nut!

guns71.jpg

and he gave loads of presents to ppl :heart: :love: :yes: :D

the king do do do do do do

url]

My favorite Elvis story really has nothing to do with me, but rather someone who gave me my first exposure to him and loved him obessively :)

I have a mentally challenged aunt who is now in her 60's but she has had a lifelong Elvis obsession. I remember when he was alive, she lived in her own little apartment and had the whole place decorated in Elvis mode!

She would actually burst into tears if an Elvis movie came on or if she saw him on TV...she truly loved him and it was really sweet because it was so genuine. She's not mobile and gets around on a scooter so most of the time, our visits usually consisted of sitting in her room listening to Elvis LP's. I learned everything there was to know about Elvis and his music through her.

When Elvis passed away, my mom and I were on our way home from the public library when it came on the car radio and the first thing we thought of was "oh no, Aunt Sheila can't hear this on TV!" We raced home to tell my dad so he could go break it to her in person. It was horrible and she cried like her own husband had died.

I went to visit her in her nursing home when my father passed away this year and sure enough, she has decorated her whole room with Elvis pictures, including her 30 year old Elvis lamp and her favorite Elvis clock! I don't know where all her Elvis LP's and books are but I bet they're worth a fortune :)

I'll tell the story of these later if you like. Elvis cards, I was caught out:lol:

Attachments

• elvis.jpg
    elvis.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 15
ELECTRIC ELVIS

And these...there are 2 stories in these.
Check out the one in the middle one,"electric elvis" I am just getting so excited about the new U2 song. I hope it is actaully called electric storm, is that confirmed?

hmm that was hilarious right then, I've been listening to Electric ladyland
<---------my new location:angel:
As typed the word "excited, Jimi is playing All Along The Watch Tower and he sang..."no need to get excited...." geee, thanks Jimi, wow.
I'm, REALLY excited now ...and the wind begins to howl...yo Aunty Sheila. Elvis was a gifted artist...but you know that.
Elvis and Jimi and Pop, great men....I'll be back:)

Attachments

• elvismagnets.jpg
    elvismagnets.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom