Elvis' Hair For Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
MEMPHIS, Tennessee (AP) --If you've always longed to run your fingers through Elvis Presley's hair, this could be your chance. A baseball-sized chunk of it is going on sale.

Brian Marren of the Internet auction house MastroNet Inc. said the hair was collected by Presley's former hairstylist, Homer "Mr. Gill" Gilleland.

The auction for the hair starts Monday. Bidding will start at $10,000, Marren said, "and it wouldn't surprise me if it went well into the six figures."

"The way these hair guys do it, they sell it a strand at a time," he said. "So who knows how they'll break it out and start selling it."

Marren said Gilleland, now deceased, gave the Elvis hair, which he kept in a plastic bag, to friend Tom Morgan, who is selling it through MastroNet.

Marren said his company has traced the history of the hair and is satisfied it came from Presley's head.

"A lot of checking is done. We're a very reputable auction house," Marren said.

The clippings are now kept in a jar with a vacuum seal.

:hmm:

17949.jpg

I love this story. If you go to the website that is auctioning it off it describes it as, "Enormous Quantity of Hair From the Head of the "King" - Elvis Presley - Saved By His Personal Barber".

Like that is the title of the piece.
Ha ha ha ha!
aktion035.gif

you know the weird thing is that i live in memphis, and this is the first time i've heard about it! i'd think the local news would've at least mentioned it in a wtf way.

Back
Top Bottom