Elvis Costello Tonight!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper:

:up:

Friggin' awesome!

*misses Elvis Costello the next time he plays the Netherlands as he will be in Dublin then*

And tonight I found the 2CD reissue of My Aim Is True in my mailbox. Which is a difference from yesterday as it was This Year's Model then.
:)

Last edited:
i just bought delivery man last week...
i love that song " story in your voice" with lucinda williams...
so do tell ...how was the show?

what songs did he do?

For those wondering, this was the setlist that night:
(from http://www.elviscostello.info)

2005-03-17: Tulsa, Cain's Ballroom
Elvis Costello with the Imposters

1. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
2. Uncomplicated
3. Clown Strike
4. Radio Radio
5. Country Darkness
6. Needle Time
7. Blame It On Cain
8. Either Side Of The Same Town
9. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
10. Clubland - including beautiful instrumental reprise with "I'm So Pretty"
11. Sittin' And Thinkin'
12. Sweet Dreams
13. Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down
14. Crying Time - with Wanda Jackson
15. Kinder Murder
16. Watching The Detectives
17. The Delivery Man
18. Monkey To Man
19. Mystery Dance
20. Why Don't You Love Me (Like You Used To Do)?
21. There's A Story In Your Voice
22. Alison/Suspicious Minds
23. Pump It Up
24. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
25. The Scarlet Tide

Killer setlist! :up:

I wish he was coming to the Twin Cities on this tour! It wasn't on the schedule last time I looked. I wonder if he might be adding some dates?

The show was fun, but sadly Tulsa crowds are too comatose for my appetite. I mean, how can an entire crowd of 1800 people stand still during a rousing rendition of "Radio Radio"? How? Well, if you were there that night, you'd see it happening.

I love Elvis Costello, and bringing Wanda Jackson onstage was kinda cool. I had too much to drink that night, but the experience will never be forgetton...

Up next for us Tulsa rockers: Billy Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I hoped you had fun Danospano. I saw him in Miami. It was great. At one point he was having problems with the guitar so, he actually got off the stage and sat in the the first row singing and playing an acoustic guitar!:up:

Danospano said:
The show was fun, but sadly Tulsa crowds are too comatose for my appetite. I mean, how can an entire crowd of 1800 people stand still during a rousing rendition of "Radio Radio"? How? Well, if you were there that night, you'd see it happening.

I love Elvis Costello, and bringing Wanda Jackson onstage was kinda cool. I had too much to drink that night, but the experience will never be forgetton...

Up next for us Tulsa rockers: Billy Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: i hate comatose crowds. REM in boston was pretty close to comatose.

*band kicks into 'what's the frequency kenneth' for the encore*
what's this? oh, it's only WTFK, i'll stand up when they play "losing my religion" or "man on the moon", but this wasn't well-known enough.

and then you've got me, the polar opposite playing air-guitar solos during the song. :shifty:

I saw him w/ Emmylou Harris over the weekend, it was very good

They did many duets together including Wild Horses, which was incredible

Unfortunately I had to leave early to beat the crowd but I think I read they ended up doing a 10 song encore and it was almost 3 hours total

Plus I had one of the 18 dollar Live 8 tickets, it was at a small outdoor venue so it was really a bargain

fah said:
Emmylou and Elvis

:i'msojealoussmilie:

:drool:

:sigh:

:i'mevenmorejealoussersmiley:
:wink:

BTW, you saw them in Boston, Mrs.Springsteen?
Because then I think this was the setlist (again from http://www.elviscostello.info)

1. Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over)
2. Clown Strike
3. Everyday I Write The Book
4. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
5. Clubland - w. I Feel Pretty
6. Uncomplicated
7. Waiting For The End Of The World - w. Larry Campbell (LC)
8. Stranger In The House - w. Emmylou Harris (EH) & LC
9. One Of These Days - w. EH & LC
10. Sleepless Nights - w. EH & LC
11. Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down - w. EH & LC
12. Indoor Fireworks - w. EH & LC
13. Life's Companion - w. EH & LC
14. My Baby's Gone - w. EH & LC
15. Red Dirt Girl - EH on vocals, w. LC
16. American Without Tears - w. EH & LC
17. Heart Shaped Bruise - w. EH & LC
18. Luxury Liner - w. EH & LC
19. The Delivery Man/The Butcher's Boy
20. Bedlam
21. Monkey To Man
22. Country Darkness
23. Needle Time
24. Mystery Dance - w. LC
25. Why Don't You Love Me (Like You Used To Do)? - w. LC
26. Pump It Up - w. LC
27. Alison/You Win Again/Suspicious Minds - w. LC
Encore 1
28. Wheels - w. EH & LC
29. Wild Horses - w. EH & LC
30. Pancho And Lefty - w. EH & LC
31. Nothing Clings Like Ivy - w. EH & LC
32. Gathering Flowers for the Master's Bouquet - w. EH & LC
33. Love Hurts - w. EH & LC
34. When I Paint My Masterpiece - w. EH & LC
35. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? - w. EH & LC
36. The Scarlet Tide - w. EH & LC

From what I've read about, this is also a show you need to see if you can (and I unfortunately can't :sad: ), so here are the remaining tour-dates:
2005-07-26 Rochester Hills, Meadowbank
2005-07-27 Highland Park, IL, Ravinia Festival
2005-07-29 Dayton, OH, Fraze Pavilion
2005-07-30 Columbus, OH, Promowest
2005-07-31 Washington, Wolftrap

I'm seeing Elvis C. on Aug. 4 in St. Paul. At first I thought my seat was in the first row, but once I actually got my ticket in the mail I realized that in my giddyness over getting to see him I had mistaken "Row I" for "Row 1." :reject: It doesn't really matter because Row I is still a great seat. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Yes that's the one, I left after Love Hurts. I knew they'd do Peace Love and Understanding and I'd miss it.

Btw I saw Peter Wolf there too, no one here under 30 probably knows who he is. He sat in the back near my table. No one at the concert recognized him either. At least he didn't get up on stage like he always does w/ Bruce :wink:

Elvis & Emmy Lou were on Letterman on 7/21, and they performed Love Hurts. I got that taped & 'tivoed' I think. And they were supposedly on the Today show the next morning (I set the 'tivo', haven't checked it. I was setting it for hubby. He caught Elvis when he was in L.A. last, which happened to be the same night as the U2 rehearsal for opening night (3/26). Had he or I known to hang out at the Sports Arena, he could have made it to both shows. What a night that would have been. Unfortunately, he was only able to get 1 ticket for the Elvis show... :( But I have seem him on numerous occasions, even once when he played at UCLA on my birthday!

Peter Wolf = J Geils Band, correct?

Back
Top Bottom