Elvis Costello presents "The Delivery Man"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I must admit, I wasn't expecting TOO much when I bought his lastest release (this year), but I was absolutely blown away by this album. Elvis Costello is one of my favorite artists that I don't listen to regularly (if that makes sense). I love his music tremendously, but I only listen to him rarely or infrequently. So surprisingly enough, I've been listening to this album pretty steadily for the past couple weeks. It's just so good. I would not hesitate to place it among his best albums.

There are just so many great songs on here. May favorites are "Button My Lip", "Country Darkness", "The Delivery Man", "Monkey to Man", "Nothing Clings Like Ivey", and "The Scarlet Tide". All three tracks that feature Emmylou Harris are just breathtaking, as she is my favorite female voice out there. This album is a bit different for Elvis though. It's more "traditional" if you want to call it that. But, if you enjoy Mr. Costello's music even slightly, I strongly suggest you check out this masterpiece.

Lance.:edge:

--In a certain light, he looked like Elvis In a certain way he feels like Jesus--

Back
Top Bottom