Elvis Costello on tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I'm so excited that I got tickets to see Elvis Costello in Atlantic City. The show is on April 23, and it's gonna be awesome. I am fairly familiar to his work. I own The Delivery Man, and have listened to a few of his earlier albums the whole way through a few times. Once I get more familiar with his long long career, I'll be able to really appreciate his performance. So, that's the story and I am curious if any other Interferencer's are going to see him, even possilby in Atlantic City?

-Lance

I'd love to go, but money's tight and I doubt he'll be anywhere near Virginia, not to mention hard to work around nightly rehearsals for the play and RA duties.

And good luck getting familiar with his career. it's a BEAST

popmartijn saw him not too long ago.

i'd like to be able to see him live, but i'm a little put off by the fact that i know i'd a) need to know all the music before the show or b) need to know it after the show. and he's got so freaking much of it ("long career" is an understatement)....

Last edited:
I've seen Elvis so many times, starting in 1981 (God, I'm old) and many times throughout his career. Always a great show. :up:

And good luck getting familiar with his career. it's a BEAST

So true! I have most of his major records and when I last saw him a couple of years ago I couldn't believe how many songs I still didn't know. :huh: You'll be lucky if you recognize 3-4 songs, frankly, but it won't matter.

He's coming to Casper in April. My dad's station is getting tickets...I've asked my dad if he'd like to go see him, 'cause I'm kinda wanting to go.

By the way, still have yet to hear a ton of his stuff, but out of all that I have heard, I have officially come to the conclusion that "Alison" is my favorite song of his :yes:.

Angela

He's playing Sioux Falls in mid-April and I really, really want to go. It's a three and a half hour drive for me, though. :| At least the tickets are reasonably priced, and it's in a small venue so there probably won't be a bad seat in the house.

IWasBored said:
popmartijn saw him not too long ago.

:yes:
I saw him on 24 January and it was excellent. A review of the show is somewhere in my journal.
Anyway, even though Elvis' throat was acting up, he still performed for 2 1/2 hours (30+ songs). And he has an amazing catalogue of work. :up: Last week I bought The Delivery Man (of which he played 6 songs in the first encore alone! :eek: ) so now I have 9 albums of him (including a 2CD Very Best Of...). And still he has many songs I have never heard. But to me that doesn't matter that much. I will hear/have them in the future. :)
I also saw him in concert in 2003, when he was touring his jazz piano ballad album North. I think only 3 songs were played at both concerts I went to (2003 and 2005). So it's kinda useless to mention a setlist here. I do want to mention the great fansite http://www.elviscostello.info that has much news and tour information.

i'd like to be able to see him live, but i'm a little put off by the fact that i know i'd a) need to know all the music before the show or b) need to know it after the show. and he's got so freaking much of it ("long career" is an understatement)....

You have to start anyway, so why don't you start by buying his Very Best Of... (the 2CD version with 42 tracks on them) and then the individual albums whose Best Of... tracks you like the most. ;)

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom