Elvis Costello- in concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WHAT??? When, where??? Go, go, go Olive!! Sorry, but I love Elvis Costello and I would pay any amount (almost) to see him.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
WHAT??? When, where??? Go, go, go Olive!! Sorry, but I love Elvis Costello and I would pay any amount (almost) to see him.

Boston Fleet Pavilion!
smile.gif

June 14th!

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto's Mansion

I saw him in NYC at Madison Square Garden back in 1991. Worst concert I have ever been to. Hopefully he has changed.

He played TWO singles - it sucked. He sat there on the middle of the stage the whole time in a chair - and at the time he was over-weight and bearded and looked like Jerry Garcia.

On the other hand, the Replacements opened up for him - best arena-opening act I have ever scene.

Thanks everyone! another close friend of mine saw him a few times and said he put on a great show-- so I can't wait to see him!!
smile.gif
I'll let you know in June how it was! It's gonna be outside at the Harbor Lights in boston and that just sounds wonderful.

------------------
I'm honey child to a swarm of bees
Gonna blow right through you like a breeze

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto's Mansion

Hey carrie, hubby and I went to see Elvis last Thursday at the Kodak theater and was an awesome show.
He gets so crazy with the guitar and Steve Nieve is nuts, the man is is a riot!
Spooky Girlfriend is my fave of the new album and it was really good live.
"I want you" gave me chills, all the couples were making out by the end of the song.:D
After the show Pete Thomas and Davey Faragher were hanging out with fans for a bit but we didn't have time to wait for Elvis to come out.
elvis.gif

***spoiler****
The setlist in case you want to peek:

Waiting For The End Of The World
Watching The Detectives
Spooky Girlfriend
(I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
15 Petals
Shabby Doll
When I Was Cruel No. 2
Daddy Can I Turn This?
Little Triggers
Tart
Brilliant Mistake
All The Rage
Uncomplicated
Dust
Dissolve
I Hope You're Happy Now
Tear Off Your Own Head (It's A Doll Revolution)
Encore 1
Alibi
You Belong To Me
Pump It Up
Encore 2
Episode Of Blonde
Lipstick Vogue
I Want You

--------------------------------
But when she sits on my knee
I hear her whispers to me
"Can't you see?
"I could be your spooky girlfriend"

Thanks Nicamom!! I have the new album waiting to be heard so I'll be sure to keep an ear out for the songs in the setlist. I can't wait to see him- it should be a fun show at least. :) :cool:

OOOh wow!!! Last night was the show!!!!!!!! I wasn't sure if I'd love the entire thing since I don't know *all* his music..... but it was really really good!! Better than I expected (despite the cold!) I was dyyyying for him to sing Alison and he did!! :happy: The set list was a little different than yours- we did not hear Watching the Detectives... but we got THREE encores!! :ohmy: the crowd was going ballistic by the end.. he played "Tear your head off" and that revolution song (dont know the name) right before the first encore and it lifted the roof. But the ending was gooooooorgeeeeeeoussssss I Want You.... how the lights were all dimmed except on him and I think when he SINGS - as in, holds a note for a while, it is just beautiful. Overall, i give it five stars and that was from the back of the show! :D

thanks to everyone who recommended I should go!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom