Elvis Costello and Neil Young???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
So I was listening to KLOS today (LA rock station) and the DJ says, "We have Neil Young and Elvis Costello tickets for you, those guys are coming to town soon." I've looked all over for information about this, are they actually playing together? Where? I know that Neil Young and Crazy Horse are going to be at the Greek later this month but there is nothing about Elvis being in LA.

Perhaps I was mistaken. I would LOVE to see Elvis because he's just flat out amazing and would even sit through Neil Young to do so (sorry, but his voice is just not for me). Anyway, if anyone knows anything about this, post away!!

maybe he meant "neil young tickets and elvis costello tickets"...

DO SEE ELVIS THOUGH!! he's awesome!!! highly recommended :up:

I couldn't find anything about this either...Elvis is playing at the Hard Rock in Vegas this Friday and there are tickets left but I can't go :grumpy:

I'll listen to KLOS in my car for the next few days to see what the deal is :yes:

I have seen Neil Young live more than once. He is a great songwriter and musician. He gives an all-out performance. Crazy Horse kicks ass!

I like Elvis too, but I've never seen him live.

So I am going to see Lucinda Williams open

for neil Young and crazy horse tonight at the greek theatre.

it is a great open air venue in griffith park.

a friend called me with FREE tickets in the 10th row.

he is always good. I have seen NY about 12-15 times.

I have seen EC severals times, too.

I saw his west coast debut in the 70s right after 'my aim is true' came out. it was at the Whiskey a go-go. A lot of energy from the angry young man that night.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I heard Neil is playing his new album in its entirety, with some sort of play to go along with it. Uhh... :huh:

Greendale -10 songs - 90 minutes - sets - props - big screen - many actors

Neils on stage

bent knee, walk dancing, heel toe, heel toe

the first 2 or 3 songs did not impress me. Finally it kicked in, the theme is about saving the planet, fighting corporate greed, being suspicious of authority, etc anything that could make an aging hippy/lefty feel warm all over.

Some lyrics I recall;

? little love and affection
in everything you do
will make the world a better place
with or without you?

?hey, Mister Clean, you?re dirty now, too? great chorus

During the last song there were about fifty people on stage. I think his children were there. There was a young man in a wheel chair with a Canadian and US flag.

90 minutes, it was good, not earth shattering. When it started I realized I would not hear a 15-20 minute version of hurricane or cortez the killer.

Well, it ended. They put black curtain over the sets and then the big screen play footage from the ?Rust Never Sleeps? tour.
A much younger attacking the mike singing ?Hey, hey, my, my rock and roll will never die?

They came out and played an hour more.

Hey hey
Hurricane
Sedan Delivery
Cortez the killer
Cinnamon girl
The loner

Everybody was standing for the second set. It was a beautiful summer night.

Lucinda Williams opening set was real strong.
Her band was solid, they had some distortion and feedback going on a couple of songs, perfect for ny fans.
I cant say enough about Lucinda. Her vocals hit the mark. She looked great in jeans and a pink tank top with skull and bones on it. She had the required 2 tats on her left arm. She played only an hour about 8 songs. I think most were from the recent cd, she did a great version of essence. She closed with ?Get right with God.?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom