Elvis Costello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
I got the new CD North by Elvis Costello a couple of days ago and can't stop listening to it.

I oficially proclaim my love of Mr. Costello.

Does any one else have this one? Thoughts?

:jealous:

I just saw that he is going to be in Chicago in early March ... I might have to look into that (if it's not already sold out)

I saw him last October. It was a terrific concert. Just him and Steve Nieve (his piano player). They played loads from North and also many other favourites. I don't have North yet, but because of the concert I did buy the new expanded edition of Trust, which is also a great album.

Elvis = :up:
(yep, that's also for you, Joel :))

C ya!

Marty

P.S. If it wasn't clear from the body of my post, you should definately see him! :dance:

Yes, North is a great album.

I have tickets to see Elvis March 7th.

On March 5th, there is a benefit concert for a local hospital with Elvis Costello, Diana Krall and Elton John in town.

I do not have tickets for this sold out event (tickets were $500 to $1000).

Still, I am looking forward to seeing him March 7th and yes, North is great.

I saw the show last night and Elvis was great.

Regarding the benefit, on Friday night, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall and Elton John performed at a benefit concert and raised a bunch of money for a local cancer charity. I hear they raised around $800,000.

i don't have north, but i love elvis costello...i saw him this past summer at the taste of chicago before i knew that much of his stuff, but the show still kicked ass. that's when you know someone's good...

Last weekend I got Get Happy!! It's another great Elvis record. 20 tracks in 48 minutes, that's the way it goes. I have to say I haven't gotten to listen to the 30 (!!) bonus tracks on the extra disc though. Elvis doesn't reissue lightly... :)

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Last weekend I got Get Happy!! It's another great Elvis record. 20 tracks in 48 minutes, that's the way it goes. I have to say I haven't gotten to listen to the 30 (!!) bonus tracks on the extra disc though. Elvis doesn't reissue lightly... :)

C ya!

Marty

I almost bought that last week, it's still on my to buy list.

I just learned that Stephen King was at the Elvis Costello concert that I was at. He was apparently sitting in the crowd. The theatre was quite small (800 capacity?). I didn't see him.

Well, I did it again. I saw a website that has the reissues for cheap (GBP 8 (which is less than 12 euro) and with free shipping within Europe), so I've just bought Imperial Bedroom and Blood & Chocolate (I :heart: I Want You). I could barely control myself, but managed just enough not too immediately get Armed Forces too. That one will have to wait until a later date...

C ya!

Marty

Elvis and Steve Nieve at UCLA was fantastic. I just adore his voice, it's like a force of nature--completely enthralling and overwhelming. Total bonus, John Cusack walked in front of me at the end of the show. All in all a very great night.

Between the opening acting and Elvis we were hanging out in the lobby and ran into a co-worker who is a huge EC fan. He told us he had seen him 13 times in concert. The next day he told us that the show we saw (30 plus songs) was the longest he had ever been to. I actually joked to my friend during the 3rd encore that we were being held hostage by Elvis Costello. I have to agree, all in all, a great night.

Yeah, the concert he did in Amsterdam last November was long too, 31 songs or so. :hyper: We didn't have a support act though. Not that we needed one, with EC being is such a good form.

:up:

Marty

Back
Top Bottom