Elton John on Madonna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
taken from a larger interview at Rolling Stone's website:

From there, Captain Fantastic's 2004 goodwill world tour moved on to London, where one newspaper recently dubbed him "England's Alternative Queen." While accepting a songwriting award at Q magazine's annual awards show, John expressed his outrage over the fact that Madonna had even been nominated in the Best Live Act category. "Anyone who lip-syncs in public onstage when you pay seventy-five pounds to see them should be shot," he said. "That's me off her fucking Christmas-card list, but do I give a toss? No." (Madonna replied that he'll stay on her Christmas-card list "whether he's naughty or nice.")

That is terribly funny. The whole article is quite interesting.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6593144

UnforgettableLemon said:
taken from a larger interview at Rolling Stone's website:

From there, Captain Fantastic's 2004 goodwill world tour moved on to London, where one newspaper recently dubbed him "England's Alternative Queen." While accepting a songwriting award at Q magazine's annual awards show, John expressed his outrage over the fact that Madonna had even been nominated in the Best Live Act category. "Anyone who lip-syncs in public onstage when you pay seventy-five pounds to see them should be shot," he said. "That's me off her fucking Christmas-card list, but do I give a toss? No." (Madonna replied that he'll stay on her Christmas-card list "whether he's naughty or nice.")

That is terribly funny. The whole article is quite interesting.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6593144

:lmao: A little extreme but he's right.

Elton John on Madonna -- Yikes!! What an image! :eek: :eek:

This isn't exactly re: the Elton vs. Madonna battle...but tonight, I just got the Elton John Dream Ticket: Four Destinations, Four DVDs package.

I know that in recent years he's become an adult contemporary joke, but when you get into his back catalogue, the man's fucking amazing. He hasn't lost much vocally over the years, either.

Has there ever been a better song written than Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding??

On second throught, you kids probably won't understand. :madwife: :grumpyoldperson:

*back to dvd*

phanan said:
You probably would have been better served starting a new thread than bumping this one...

:lol:

I'm sure you're right. However, when I start a new thread, I feel an obligation for it to be a good one. Tonight, I was only in the mood to half-ass it, so this is the result. :wink:

Madonna has made it so hard to be a female artist and sell without being overtly sexual.
Elton John is dead on with his comments. The sad part is that alot of people might not know that she isn't really singing at the concerts before they buy the tickets. Her singing is the only thing that keeps her behaviour from being simply whore-ish. Concert goers are left with seeing nothing more than what you would at a strip club. It is an unfortunate truth.

Screwtape2 said:
Madonna has made it so hard to be a female artist and sell without being overtly sexual.
Elton John is dead on with his comments. The sad part is that alot of people might not know that she isn't really singing at the concerts before they buy the tickets. Her singing is the only thing that keeps her behaviour from being simply whore-ish. Concert goers are left with seeing nothing more than what you would at a strip club. It is an unfortunate truth.

Have you ever seen Madonna in a live show?
I bet you didn't, that's why you threw this comment...

VintagePunk said:
This isn't exactly re: the Elton vs. Madonna battle...but tonight, I just got the Elton John Dream Ticket: Four Destinations, Four DVDs package.

Has there ever been a better song written than Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding??

Only if it's Burn Down the Mission.

Back
Top Bottom