Elton John: Appeciate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen E.J. twice now - once way back in 1991 or so in a Colisum setting (17,000 people +) and then again this past summer in Vegas at Caesar's Palace. Had 6th row floor seats and it was an amazing show! So much more personal than the prior concert in that there were only 3200 seats. He is truly amazing, even after all these years....

I've loved him for as long as I can remember. I ordered Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Caribou back in 1975 for a penny (one of those record club deals). Road is pure brilliance and Caribou just o.k. but I must have cranked The Bitch is Back a thousand or more times at full volume whenever my parents left the house. Good times.

I never have seen him live...I guess I'm afraid of seeing him past his prime or something. I should look at his Vegas dates and plan a trip.:up:

Westport said:
I've loved him for as long as I can remember. I ordered Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Caribou back in 1975 for a penny (one of those record club deals). Road is pure brilliance and Caribou just o.k. but I must have cranked The Bitch is Back a thousand or more times at full volume whenever my parents left the house. Good times.

I never have seen him live...I guess I'm afraid of seeing him past his prime or something. I should look at his Vegas dates and plan a trip.:up:

It was around the same time that my tiny, little child self bought the 45 of Someone Saved... :)

Don't let that stop you, you have to see him now! While the days of the crazy costumes are gone, he's lost very little, vocally. And when I say very little, what I mean is this - a few weeks ago, we did back-to-back listenings of the original Someone Saved... and a version from the Dream Ticket dvd. While he may have lost a bit off his high end, it's been replaced by a voice that sounds stronger, deeper and richer. But this is not a new phenomenon, I think it's been like this since probably the mid to late 80's.

Do yourself a favour and go. I'm berating myself now for having waited so long.

WOW VP! That sounds incredible! :drool:

Tiny Dancer, Someone Saved..., Mona Lisas....he played basically all of his songs that I love!

I'm glad you had a great time! :)

Haven't read thru the whole thread but is it just me that prefers his 90s hits to the earlier classics? I mean I do love a few songs like Rocketman, Candle In The Wind and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road but others like Your Song, Daniel and Tiny Dancer kinda bore me. :reject:

These are probably my favorite songs of his...

Sacrifice
The One - absolute favorite song ever!
Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
Circle Of Life :drool:
Believe
Blessed
Something About The Way You Look Tonight

...all stuff I grew up with watching MTV in the 90s :drool:

Back
Top Bottom