Elliott Smith - RIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tizer

War Child
American singer songwriter has died at the age of 34 of an apparent suicide.

The singer whose style is described as folk punk was once an Academy Award nominee for his song 'Miss Misery' from Good Will Hunting. The movie starred Robin Williams, Ben Afleck and Matt Damon.

Smith has recorded five album and was in the process of completing this sixth which was to be titled 'From A Basement On A Hill'.

Elliott Smith was born August 6, 1969 in Ohamha, Nebraska

Not good, really, really not good
:sad:

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I have to go cry now

FUCK

I don't even know what to say...this is really the first time a musicaian I have been obsessed with has died...

this is a HORRIBLE DAY FOR MUSIC!!!!

FUCK....I have to go listen to all his albums now

hey Salome...did you know he sang on a Jon Spencer Blues explosion track?

Plastic fang, I think

I have to find a Miss Misery mp3...that song is amazing

Basstrap said:
hey Salome...did you know he sang on a Jon Spencer Blues explosion track?

Plastic fang, I think

I have to find a Miss Misery mp3...that song is amazing

I have miss misery on mp3 bassy

yep, he sang on "Tore up & broke"
which is indeed on Plastic Fang

in an interview around that time Jon Spencer said that Elliot was a big fan and that he wanted his new album to rock more

I suddenly find it eerie that "needle in the hay" is playing during the scene in Tenenbaums when Luke Wilson attempts suicide.........

I was thinking of that scene too EP

I'm very frustrated and...almost...angry now

why?

why did he do this?
fuck you for doing this

fuck you for taking away your brilliant music....was it worth it?

I wish he thought before he did it
:( :( :cry:

Just heard Miss Misery on the radio driving back from picking up lunch.
Will never understand how someone decides suicide is their best option.
RIP

yeah, I heard he died of one stabwound to the heart, thats sad creepy stuff. Stuff done by someone in a very bad state no doubt.....

I would also like to send a big FUCK YOU out to the media and angry fans who, rather than give him love and support these past two painful years, harassed him and damned him

I feel that total lack of support is part of this tragedy

Back
Top Bottom