Electronica/Trance - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:10 PM
some IDM stuff is quite danceable too.

stuff like we have explosive by future sound of london, and disko +bett by duo 505 come to mind.

but this is a genre that i've neglected in the last two years. i'm getting old.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:10 PM
I'm a huge fan of trance, in addition to many of the other genres that fall under the electronic umbrella.

Just as a caveat, a lot of the artists listed in this thread are nowhere close to trance. And as much as I love the Kruder & Dorfmeister double-album someone recommended, I wouldn't buy that for a trance fan.

I'd recommend sticking to some of the top-ranked DJs in the world. You can never go wrong with anything original or mixed by Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren. Another excellent double CD I've picked up recently is "Night Music Vol. 1" by The Thrillseekers. M.I.K.E. is another excellent trance DJ, and anything with his name on it is going to be top notch. Good luck!

Old 11-13-2006, 09:39 PM   #18
Babyface

Local Time: 11:10 PM
The AllMusic Guide is a great start most definitely!!

Since I haven't enough posts to provide any links (I promise I am not a spam bot and there is nothing naughty about my links), I will do my best anyway. My apologies to the mods for stepping on any toes but I would really like to share these:

(www).di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

The above can be a bit overwhelming and the annoying flash intro can be migraine inducing, but overall this is quite a comprehensive breakdown that flows like a electronic music science project. Be sure and have a lot of time on your hands and by all means, turn the sound on your computer. The best example is through sound and there are plenty of samples to sift through and get a better grasp of what's out there.

The next link is great as well:

(www).liveplasma.com

Just type in a band (for example, any of the bands recommended here in this thread or even U2 just for shits and giggles) and you'll come up with a whole plethora of like music. This one can read more like a DNA experiment gone awry but it's great fun to pass the time.

I could make a list a mile long (starting with the Chemical Brothers ) but in situations like gift giving it can be so hit and miss because we as music lovers can be so finnicky. One can never go wrong with a gift card or taking Zootelsesque's investigative footwork advice. Good luck!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 PM
I like Darude, Massive Attack, Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, Armin Van Buuren, Cascada, Blue Monday, Benassi Bros, um yea I can go on and on.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:19 AM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
I don't know where under the "Electronica" umbrella they fit in, but I'm currently loving The Knife's "Silent Shout" cd. Saw them at the El Rey in Los Angeles, frickin' great show (though a bit short at exactly 1 hour).

Of course, there is my all time personal fav, Underworld. "Beacoup Fish" is the album to get from them with the songs "Kittens", "Moaner" and "Cups"
How did I forget to name them.... they are probably my favorite electro band!!! (not trance)

buy "Everything, Everything" form Underworld and than you will hear how good an electronic live show can be..
Old 11-14-2006, 05:21 AM   #21
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
I'm a huge fan of trance, in addition to many of the other genres that fall under the electronic umbrella.

Just as a caveat, a lot of the artists listed in this thread are nowhere close to trance. And as much as I love the Kruder & Dorfmeister double-album someone recommended, I wouldn't buy that for a trance fan.

I'd recommend sticking to some of the top-ranked DJs in the world. You can never go wrong with anything original or mixed by Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren. Another excellent double CD I've picked up recently is "Night Music Vol. 1" by The Thrillseekers. M.I.K.E. is another excellent trance DJ, and anything with his name on it is going to be top notch. Good luck!
I named Kruder and Dorfmaister, but not as trance music - I said that he should run away from trance and evolve to something better...house, progressive house, electroclash etc..
just not trance...of course, that's just my personal taste
Old 11-16-2006, 10:17 PM   #22
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 11:10 PM
I have friends into PsyTrance, and well, it's intense in a religious sort of way.

But I've had some great times at trance parties, if I'm in the 'right' frame of mind, if you know what I mean.

To the original poster, though, the gift card option is unbeatable.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:37 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Since I love my cousin and since he's the guy who inspired me to start playing the guitar...CLICK!

http://www.psychedelic.gr/forum/view...06547f11a661a3

If you like psy-trance, please check out his album! It's really good.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:24 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Goa-Psy...
Old 11-17-2006, 07:13 AM   #25
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

What would Robert Miles- Dreamlands album come under?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:56 AM   #26
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by LJT
What would Robert Miles- Dreamlands album come under?
under popular elevator music