Elbow Question: Should I Spend The Extra $$$ On The Import CD Of Asleep In The Back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It cost $37, but it includes the title track, plus a bonus track ("Can't Stop"). There are 12 songs in total, instead of 10. The normal Canadian version (which doesn't include "Asleep In The Back") is way cheaper. Is it worth it to get the longer version? I haven't heard the title track yet. Thanks for your imput.
smile.gif

------------------
The Tempest

[This message has been edited by Michael Griffiths (edited 05-02-2002).]

Sicy,

ELBOW. They are apparently really good. In the thread title, I couldn't fit in the entire word, but it's supposed to say "Elbow question:" All I had room for was "Elbow que:" Sorry for the confusion. Being a mod (you are a mod, right?), maybe you could change that for me? (You could take out the word "version" and replace it with "CD" to make it all fit.) Thanks.

------------------
The Tempest

I guess you don't have a cd burner? because you can d/l those bonus tracks from audiogalaxy or winmx, but anyway, "asleep in the back" is an excellent song, I have no clue why it wasn't on the North American versions

"Asleep In the Back" and "Can't Stop" should both be on the US version. "Asleep In the Back" wasn't on the UK version because they wanted to rework the song a bit. The US version is on Amazon for $10.99. Since I don't live in Canada, I don't know how much shipping would be, but "Asleep In the Back" is one of the best (if not the best) tracks on the album. If you can't order through Amazon or another site, I would keep looking for the US version.

------------------
"There's a danger in every story and every smile" - South

Michael, drop me an email. I could pick up a copy here (it's only $13 for the same set of songs) and mail it to ya.
smile.gif

It is a good cd. I'd just buy the cheap version and download the other 2.

Sula,

Thanks so much! I'll e-mail you. I listened to the original CD, and it's beautiful too. I'm sure the American version is even better from what I've read.

I listened to 'Scattered Black and Whites' on a pair of headphones at the store, and my oh my. It blew me away. So beautiful. The ending does sound like 'Streets'!

------------------
The Tempest

the show CSI used music from "Scattered Black and White" during their closing segment last night -- as they were showing scenery thru Miami -- really cool moment

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
the show CSI used music from "Scattered Black and White" during their closing segment last night -- as they were showing scenery thru Miami -- really cool moment

I wish I watched that show now!
frown.gif
Awww...Elbow....I wish it were June already! Except for the heat, humidity, and general summery-ness.

------------------
"The line on the screen is broken. What once was asleep has woken." - I Am Kloot, "To You"

meg, I got a ticket to see them with the Doves (finally)!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Ali Rose and I are gonna go to the show. And I shall bring my camera and try to get you some more PLEBA moments.
wink.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
meg, I got a ticket to see them with the Doves (finally)!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Ali Rose and I are gonna go to the show. And I shall bring my camera and try to get you some more PLEBA moments.
wink.gif

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm going to see them in DC and hopefully in Philly as well. I don't have a scanner, but I'll try to talk someone into letting me borrow theirs or something.

interestingly enough, I picked up a version of the album with "asleep in the back" on it for $9.99 today
tongue.gif

would you believe that Tower Records doesn't cary the Doves cd though?

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
interestingly enough, I picked up a version of the album with "asleep in the back" on it for $9.99 today
tongue.gif

would you believe that Tower Records doesn't cary the Doves cd though?

The first one, right? It's kind of hard to find. I know Best Buy has it, for $14 or $15 (it's worth the extra money, though, especially for the bonus tracks that are on the US release--yay, America!). I found a really good used copy for $1 about a month ago, but I already sent it to someone.
frown.gif

Also, Best Buy has SOUTH!!
biggrin.gif
But no I Am Kloot.
frown.gif

------------------
"The line on the screen is broken. What once was asleep has woken." - I Am Kloot, "To You"

I got my copy for $11.99 at Cheapos and it was new! And the copy I just bought for Michael at Best Buy was the same, I think. (btw, I mailed it today, Michael, so you should get it soon.
smile.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom