Elbow - Cast of Thousands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
downloaded yesterday (release date in the UK is August 18)

i like. anyone else have this yet /hear it yet and have any thoughts? Personally I think I like this album better than Asleep in the Back after the first listen.

Ummm, I thot "Asleep In The Back" was a decent album. However there's this band out of Sweden called "Leaves" that does a much better job at emulating Coldplay and Echo & The Bunnymen. I'd def be curious to hear Elbow's new album. What would you rate it?

Yeah, the whole album is good. If you can get past the fact that it sounds like Chris Martin fronting the Bunnymen. But yeah, very 80's with some songs that were def written for radio play.

Last edited:
loveth Elbow. and imho they're hardly a Coldplay imitation. I prefer them to Coldplay hands down. Much more interesting.

anyone know when the album comes out? anyone want to burn a poor peace corps gal a copy? :D:D *shameless self-promotion*

HeadsOnSticks said:
Ummm, I thot "Asleep In The Back" was a decent album. However there's this band out of Sweden called "Leaves" that does a much better job at emulating Coldplay and Echo & The Bunnymen. I'd def be curious to hear Elbow's new album. What would you rate it?

Aren't Leaves from Iceland?

Last of the men in hats hops off the coil
And a final scene unfolds inside
Deep in the rain of sparks behind his brow
Is a part replayed from a perfect day
Teaching her how to whistle like a boy
Love?s first blush

Chorus
Is this making sense?
What am I trying to say?
Early evening June
This room and a radio play
This I need to save
I choose my final thoughts today
Switching off with you

All the clocks give in
And the traffic fades
And the insects like a neon choir
The instant fizz
Connection made
And the curtains sigh
In time
With you

Chorus 2
You, the only sense the world has ever made
Early evening June
This room and radio play
This I need to save
I choose my final scene today
Switching off

Ran to ground for a while there
But I came off pretty well

:drool:

i saw them in san francisco about a week ago... :drool:

it was wonderful, other than me getting weepy everytime guy garvey talked...i miss accents :grumpy: :heart:scattered black and whites:heart: - I didn't see it on the set list at first and panicked...thankfully it was there. There were some annoying audience members too :mad: but elbow were just fantastic. :D I miss them...sigh...I want to be in London in Febrary.

but yes, i love the new album...i'll have to order the fugitive motel singles or something.

No, it's not. I almost ordered it from the UK but decided to practice patience instead. It's coming out this month, though, I think.

I too am a fan of amazon.com.uk ... There are just a lot of things you can't get in the states otherwise. I am expecting a delivery anytime now, in fact. I'm gonna go trace it right now. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom