Elbow & album news...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
from NME

CALIFORNIA DREAMING!

ELBOW have gone to LA to continue work on their third album.

Having finished recording tracks for their third album at Blueprint studios in Manchester, the band are now in Los Angeles mixing the tracks with producer Tom Rothrock.

Singer Guy Garvey told NME.COM: “We came out to LA to work with Tom Rothrock. We're mixing the record in Marlene Dietrich’s house in the Hollywood Hills which couldn’t more different from Salford, where the new songs were recorded.”

More details on the album and release dates will be confirmed on NME.COM shortly.

That desperately needs fixing....I seem to be behind in everything, so I can't promise speed, but send me your address if you'd like me to burn you some of their best stuff! :)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:shifty: :reject:

I have not heard one song by Elbow.

download/somehow listen to
Powder Blue
Not A Job
and.. Red

and get back to us ;)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Mofo, I just tried that link and it would not working after I entered my email address. :huh:

You dont need to enter your email anywhere. Go down to the bottom of that page about Elbow and there is a picture of the album Asleep in the Back. It has the full mp3 of 'Newborn' right there (or wma). Just right click that and save it to your computer.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

It's cool. It actually took me a little bit to find it too, and I've downloaded from that site previously!

That was the first of their songs that I ever heard, made me want the album. Pretty enjoyable and unique song.

i can't wait to hear their new album. loved asleep in the back but i still find cast of thousands a bit of a disappointment aside from grace under pressure which i love. :heart:

i so want them to come to toronto really bad.

More Elbow news! :) Hopefully we'll hear something about North American dates at some point in the relative near future...
New single at the end of August makes me happy. :)

"elbow will follow their appearance at the Reading and Leeds Festivals over the August Bank Holiday with two shows to celebrate the release of their third studio album, "Leaders Of The Free World", on September 5th. The dates are the bands' first headliners since their rapturously received sold out headline show at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in September 2004.

Dates and venues for the shows are:

Tuesday 6th September - London, Koko
Thursday 8th September - Manchester, The Ritz

Tickets for both shows are available by clicking here

"Leaders Of The Free World" was recorded and produced by the band at Blueprint Studios in Manchester through late 2004 and the start of 2005 with additional mixing by Tom Rothrock at Sunset Studios in Los Angeles and Marius De Vries at Olympic Studios in London.

In addition to the album, the band have also created a DVD version with long standing visual collaborators The Soup Collective. The eleven films, one for each track, were produced in tandem with the recorded versions in a unique process where the music influenced the visuals and the visuals influenced the recording. As lead singer Guy Garvey has noted, "It's truly collaborative, the music influenced the pictures but the pictures definitely also influenced the music".

"Leaders Of The Free World" is preceded by a single, "Forget Myself" on August 22nd."

I already made a thread on them, but I just wanted to restate that I think Elbow fans would probably really like Engineers. Check 'em out! :up:

Back to Elbow, do you think the album will come out at the same time in the US as the UK this time around? Hope so!

u2popmofo said:
I already made a thread on them, but I just wanted to restate that I think Elbow fans would probably really like Engineers. Check 'em out! :up:

Back to Elbow, do you think the album will come out at the same time in the US as the UK this time around? Hope so!

Yep, I've heard it'll be Sept 6 here in the US, Sept 5 in the UK. :)

*goes to look for your engineers thread...

Back
Top Bottom