Elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
I must apologize. My premium membership expired and two days ago I paid for it again, but I haven't been upgraded yet, otherwise I would have been able to do a search on "Elbow".

So I apologize in advance if someone has ever brough this band up.

A friend of mine introduced me to this group, and I must say, they are very different, and I like them a lot. The one thing I don't like, is that most of their music is mellow, and it would be cool if they had a few rocking songs. Other than that - great musical qualities, great lyrics and a great singing voice.

Anyone else have any opinions on "Elbow"?

Random thoughts I have on Elbow:

I like their first album more than their second.

I actually LOVE all their really mellow and chill songs.

I find about half of both of their albums to be fantastic, and the other half to be mediocre to my personal tastes. I'm not sure why.

Red is best song ever :drool:

umh, well... I like them because they're "mellow" or something

I agree with mofo, Asleep In The Back is better than Cast Of Thousands, but COT is good too

they are some kind os jazz musicians, or their style is somenithing like brit pop with a bit of jazz... whatever

I don't know, I really like them... :)

They are one of my very favourite bands. I did a search on threads, but there are really so many that deal with them, that I figured it wasn't worth it to link them. The ones that had pictures are just big red X's now anyway.

I agree that I like Asleep in the Back better. The most amazing thing about them, to me, is how they are live. Guy Garvey sounds exactly the same...his voice is just as beautiful live as on the cd. I've seen them...maybe...6 times?? Very good.

Anyway, glad you've discovered them! :)

i love them too. asleep in the back very rarely leaves my cd player. COT is ok....i think it's probably a grower. absolutely love grace under pressure though. :D

i wish i could have seen them live. they were only over here once since COT came out and only a few dates opening for other bands. i had tickets to see them on lollapalooza but of course you know what heppend there. :sigh:

i hope they come this way sooner or later. i would really love to hear guy garveys beautiful voice live. :faint:

Back
Top Bottom