Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlastinglove

War Child
Aren't they just great???

They've released their latest album The seldom seen kid.
Go to www.theseldomseenkid.com and listen to samples of the album.

I think it's such a shame that they aren't as big as Coldplay or Keane or something else out there (hmmm, U2! :D).
And I am in LOVE with Guys voice!!! It always gets me goosebumps.

Nothing against Coldplay. I got all their cds, too. And altought the album of Coldplay and Elbow always sound similar I think that Elbow are better. At least I am not getting bored so fast.
As I said, no offending of Coldplay fans!!!

This should be an Elbow thread!
What do you think of them.
Should they be the leaders of the free world????
:yes:

Love them :heart: Fantastic band, consistently great albums. I agree, they (and their musical cousins Doves) should be bigger than they are.

And Guy's voice is a thing of beauty, :drool: So wonderful and warm. He seemed like a lovely friendly bloke when I saw them live last year.

Looking forward to their new one!

Everlastinglove said:

I don't get it. :scratch:

I was contemplating getting some tickets to see them, they're coming here next month.

I think it's such a shame that they aren't as big as Coldplay or Keane or something else out there

I feel that way about Embrace.

I LOVE Elbow & agree that they really should be bigger than they are. "Station Approach" is one of my favorite intro tracks ever.

I'm seeing them on April 27th when they come to DC---can't wait!

I have "Leaders Of The Free World", but it just never caught on with me for some reason.

I've always wanted to check out "Cast of Thousands", but have never gotten 'round to it.

I do like the lead singer's voice, though. It reminds me A LOT of Peter Gabriel's voice and I :heart: :heart: :heart: Peter Gabriel's voice!!!! :drool: :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
I have "Leaders Of The Free World", but it just never caught on with me for some reason.

I've always wanted to check out "Cast of Thousands", but have never gotten 'round to it.

I do like the lead singer's voice, though. It reminds me A LOT of Peter Gabriel's voice and I :heart: :heart: :heart: Peter Gabriel's voice!!!! :drool: :drool:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk-RpmmL4Es&NR=1

Hey, that's from CoT. It's one of my favourites.... wait.... these are all my favourites.
Especially the finish... "we still believe in love so fuck you" :yes:

Everlastinglove said:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk-RpmmL4Es&NR=1

Hey, that's from CoT. It's one of my favourites.... wait.... these are all my favourites.
Especially the finish... "we still believe in love so fuck you" :yes:

You're right. That is a really good song. And so is the "Switching Off" song mentioned by elevated.

I knew I should've got "Cast of Thousands" instead of "Leaders of the Free World"! :mad:

I finally got to listen to the new album yesterday and it's another winner, :drool: I love the duet with Richard Hawley and "An Audience with the Pope" is a nice surprise, I don't think Elbow sounded this sexy and groovetastic before, :heart:

Saracene said:
I finally got to listen to the new album yesterday and it's another winner

I was actually just going to reply to this thread yesterday and ask you what you thought, because I was listening to it for the first time as well. It's early to say with just one time through but this may be their most consistent album from start to finish yet. My local store was selling it for $7.99, so I'm assuming you can probably find it for quite cheap in other places in the US. Definitely worth checking out for that price.

Elevated, I really don't think it would be a bad move if you were to break down and just get the rest of their catalog. If you're liking Cast of Thousands, I think you'd like everything else as well. :up:

Saracene said:
I've never thought of comparing Guy's voice to Peter Gabriel, but now of course the similarity is striking, :)

That's the very first thought that ran through my head the first time I heard Elbow, Wow, this guy really sounds like Peter Gabriel!

I just listened to "Leaders of the Free World" again -- gave it another chance-- and I liked it much better on this re-listen. Especially the first song! Very mellow, but still really good. I guess that album's just a grower. I still need to give it a few more spins. :)

FitzChivalry said:

I just listened to "Leaders of the Free World" again -- gave it another chance-- and I liked it much better on this re-listen. Especially the first song! Very mellow, but still really good.

Yeah, 'Station Approach' is one of my faves. :yes:

The concert last night was INCREDIBLE. The band were spot-on, and their down-to-earth humor made the show very personable, especially given the tiny location----the 6th & I Historic Synagogue in Washington, DC. We sat in friggin' pews! My brother-in-law and I got there early and got the very first pew...pretty cool. Kinda lucky to have seen them here in the US where they aren't as big...I know they play much bigger places in Europe. The sound was amazing. Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Here's the place:

250px-6th%26ISynagogue.jpg

dcsynagogue.jpg

I picked up the new album the other day, and really like it. I just love his voice.

Of all their albums, I think my favorite (so far) is Leaders Of the Free World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom