Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was predictably amazing. :yawn: ha ha.

In the audience was a woman they knew from Manchester, who they gave a nice shout out and dedication to, and she proceeded to be ridiculous (and drunk, duh) the rest of the night. She was right behind me and I can still hear her yelling "PETE! PETE! GUY! PETE! GUY!"

They must have seen a lot of eye-rolling from me as she was reaching over my head. As we did the pre-singalong warmup for Grounds For Divorce, we all got to sing "shut the fuck up Mickey" to her, which was cathartic and hilarious.

Hanging in Portland, eager for tonight's show.

Oh. Since I haven't spent much time with the album, there was a new song in the set I didn't even recognize. (It was Kindling.) The other new songs sounded good.

Same set in Portland, but still a great show. Crowd singing was louder, and more frequent in Portland. It was fun to have people around me singing along with every song, not just the Guy-conducted bits.

Oh. Since I haven't spent much time with the album, there was a new song in the set I didn't even recognize. (It was Kindling.) The other new songs sounded good.

I'm obsessed with this song now. The duet version with John Grant is GORGEOUS.

Talking to co-workers today about the concerts, of course they don't know who Elbow are. Handing out recommendations like they're candy today. Converting America one person at a time!

Elbow is one of the most under appreciated bands. They are really special. I remember seeing them back in 2002 or so opening up for Doves, another favorite of mine but they are sadly no longer together.

Elbow is one of the most under appreciated bands. They are really special. I remember seeing them back in 2002 or so opening up for Doves, another favorite of mine but they are sadly no longer together.
So true. And I kinda like it. I mean, I like that album after album is filled with quality, depth and artful poetic lyrics, rather than constant attempts to try something easier to market. I feel a real sense of gratefulness towards them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom