Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two more days until Elbow will finally be playing here. I can't believe I'm going to see them :love: It's an outdoor show and the good news is that the rain that's predicted for today and tomorrow will have stopped by Friday. I'm really excited :hyper:

Oh, so much beauty. I was so close to the stage, it was such an intimate gig, people were really into it. Elbow aren't very well-known where I live but it was good to see the crowd so much into the show, which was sold out. There were a lot of people coming over from the UK. I loved it, especially The Night will alway win, which was unreal. There was such a silence in the room you could almost hear a needle drop. Beautiful concert and Guy is amazing :love:

I tried three times to watch the iTunes festival performance, but had video issues. I upgraded to the latest version of iTunes and the video got about halfway through before crapping out.

I'm hoping iTunes will have the concert for sale soon (like they did with the 2011 show), but if anyone runs across another source for video, can you holler about it here? Not on YouTube at the moment, either.

Thanks!

I didn't know they were doing it, I'll have to check it out. The only thing that disappointed me about their show this year was that they didn't do the title track to their new album.

I tried three times to watch the iTunes festival performance, but had video issues. I upgraded to the latest version of iTunes and the video got about halfway through before crapping out.

I'm hoping iTunes will have the concert for sale soon (like they did with the 2011 show), but if anyone runs across another source for video, can you holler about it here? Not on YouTube at the moment, either.

Thanks!

They're too busy screwing everybody else's music libraries with a free album to put a proper live video stream up.

Ha!

I have some acquaintances on Facebook who were able to watch it with no problems. :(

Didn't work on my work laptop, I figured maybe it was a streaming issue, but then I had the same issue at home on my personal laptop. (And my iPad is so old I can barely use iTunes on it. Ha.)

Elbow kicked off their string of UK shows last night with a varied setlist. So excited to see some of these awesome oldies on here. (And over the moon that The Birds is still on the list!)

Will be seeing them next Wednesday and Thursday in London. Cannot wait.

This Blue World
Any Day Now
Fly Boy Blue / Lunette
Fugitive Motel
The Bones of You
Mexican Standoff
One Day Like This
Powder Blue
Real Life (Angel)
Mirrorball
Bitten By the Tailfly
Grounds For Divorce
Lippy Kids
The Take Off and Landing of Everything (this song's live debut!)
Newborn
The Birds
My Sad Captains

I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED.

I really, really love it. The two songs I didn't love as much (Colour Fields and Honey Sun) have grown on me.

I wonder if they're playing the full This Blue World, or if it's just the back-end-of-the-song instrumental that they used for the intro on their US tour last year.

Very excited to hear the title track live. Will be curious to see if they mix up the setlists, since they're doing multiple nights in Manchester and then next week in London.

Finally got around to hearing Cast of Thousands. Underrated, I feel. Very understated, almost Talk Talk-inspired music with a paucity of huge moments. The album is way too long (I accidentally listened to the 13-track version instead of the 11-track original) and starts to fade into the background a bit after the first few tracks, but it's a worthwhile listen for Ribcage alone.

I'm going to rank the albums now so that I can laugh at myself once I revisit them (I haven't listened to Elbow with any regularity in years):

The Seldom Seen Kid > Leaders of the Free World > Asleep in the Back > The Take Off and Landing of Everything = Cast of Thousands > Build a Rocket Boys!!11

Last edited:
I've come around to Cast of Thousands quite a bit since my earlier opinion of it, but it's still easily my least favorite.

Hot damn!

I saw an email about it this morning and then promptly forgot about it until I popped in here. Thanks!

I like it. Although since it's in waltz-time, it automatically increases the odds of my liking it by a good 40%.

Ha. I mean, it's not the greatest song I've ever heard from them and it could be a good minute shorter, but I like it better than the majority of their b-sides, so .... yay.

e1rejobgl2lwlpsxhdza_zpslhmrl0a6_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom