Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:up:

Mine's pretty close to yours. I waffle between giving Leaders the edge or Seldom Seen Kid. Currently Leaders just barely edges out, but I agree with giving them the shared #1 spot.

1a. Leaders of the Free World
1b. Seldom Seen Kid
2. The Takeoff and Landing of Everything
3. Asleep in the Back
4. Cast of Thousands
5. Build a Rocket Boys!

Asleep in the Back
The Take Off and Landing of Everything
Leaders of the Free World
Cast of Thousands
The Seldom Seen Kid
Build a Rocket Boys!

I like Sad Captains a lot too.

Yes.

True that the album doesn't change tempo very often, but the songs are distinct enough that the middling pace feels atmospheric rather than plodding. The horns on certain tracks add flair as well.

The Seldom Seen Kid
Leaders Of the Free World
The Take Off and Landing of Everything
Build a Rocket Boys
Asleep In the Back
Cast of Thousands

My placing of Build a Rocket Boys will be controversial, I'm sure. But the highs on that album are really high. I adore The Birds, Neat Little Rows, Lippy Kids and Open Arms. Those are great enough for me to disregard the rest of the songs, which are mediocre.

I haven't heard Cast of Thousands yet but I've heard all the others. Nothing you guys have posted has really promoted me to make that happen.

There is a huuuuuge gap for me between Asleep in the Back and Cast of Thousands.

Fugitive Motel is pretty. That's all I've got to say about the album, really.

forrest_gump_all_i_have_to_say.png

Cast of Thousands is still a great album, Build a Rocket is the closest they have to anything even average & even that has a number of great songs, Cast only suffers on comparison to an especially strong catalog.

Grace Under Pressure was probably their most popular and successful song until Leaders came out. It's the only song of their I'd heard on the radio until leaders (ironically, considering the final chant of "We still believe in love, so fuck you"). It's really good live, or it was when they played it, at least.

Switching Off is easily one of my favorite songs of theirs, and it's actually one of those "quiet, non-rockers".

My placing of Build a Rocket Boys will be controversial, I'm sure. But the highs on that album are really high. I adore The Birds, Neat Little Rows, Lippy Kids and Open Arms. Those are great enough for me to disregard the rest of the songs, which are mediocre.

I love The River for some strange reason and after seeing them live really gained appreciation for The Night Will Always Win.

Switching Off is easily one of my favorite songs of theirs, and it's actually one of those "quiet, non-rockers".

That was the first Elbow song I ever listened to I think, always enjoy that one.

I'm a newbie to the Elbow world as well. God they are such an amazing band. I saw that everyone was posting about them on facebook and a couple of weeks ago decided to start listening to them. BEST. DECISION. EVER! :heart::heart: I'm also seeing them on May 12!!! So excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom