Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it more with each listen. Digging Colour Fields a lot…..

Between this, the new St. Vincent and the new Beck, been a nice stretch of new music.

Not a huge fan of Real Life (Angel) or Colour Fields. Honey Sun and and the last track are okay, and everything else I'm loving.

Rats, I have Google Play All Access and have more than enough credits to buy it there for free, but the album hasn't shown up yet. Getting harder to hold out, I may have to cave and get this off Amazon...

Just got notification that my actual album has shipped from Universal UK. I'm impressed. Wasn't really sure when it would be going out to ship to the US.

Drove my boss and myself to a meeting today, and we listened to the live Elbow double album ... she liked it! I recommended she download Leaders of the Free World and The Seldom Seen Kid.

Yeah, looks like it's just import only on the US Amazon. They have used copies for about $25, which isn't bad for 2 CDs and 1 DVD.

Really glad I ordered it with the new album pre-order. Even though it was in pounds sterling, it ended up being a bargain not having to pay for the Amazon import price!

:hyper: :yippie: :happydance:

I just won tickets to see Elbow play an intimate gig (for Elbow in Europe that is) at the Paradiso in two weeks!!! So happy to see them on their own (their only other confirmed appearance is at a festival in June). And now I don't have to fight thousands of others when tickets go on sale tomorrow.

YEAH!!!

But there isn't words yet for the comfort I get
From the gentle lunette at the top of the nape of the neck that I wake to

And where are the words for the leap in my chest
When mischief appears either side of the scar on your nose
Made by a rose thorn, so you claim
By a rose thorn

:heart:

I just won tickets to see Elbow play an intimate gig (for Elbow in Europe that is) at the Paradiso in two weeks!!! So happy to see them on their own (their only other confirmed appearance is at a festival in June). And now I don't have to fight thousands of others when tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Nice!

The lyrics on the album make me sad, especially knowing (thanks to an article in the Independent) that Garvey split from his long-time partner.

I love the heart-on-sleeve romance of the lyrics on Seldom Seen Kid. Now here he is all sad and stuff.

I do like the songs about the pub characters (Charge, and My Sad Captains). That also makes me think about Seldom Seen Kid, how their friend who had died (the "seldom seen kid" in question) apparently had drinking problems (see Some Riot). Interesting to see those themes carry through onto this album.

Oh I totally forgot this was coming out :doh:

Amazon sent me an e-mail last night that they shipped the album which I ordered some weeks ago. Can't wait to have it and hear it in its full glory.

Is Elbow touring Europe this year? I have only seen UK dates so far and some festival appearances.

Elbow on The Take Off And Landing Of Everything | News, Tours & Music Videos - XFM

I'm really glad I listened to this. Hearing them talk about the songs made me like some of them more, particularly Real Life (Angel), and knowing what This Blue World is about makes me love it more.

That's great :up: Listening now.

The tour seems to be mostly festival dates outside of UK. A bit of bad timing for me, sadly. But maybe there will be some more dates announced later.

Well I feel like a dumbass, I thought the Elbow album being available early was an iTunes only deal. I just looked through the email my Amazon account is linked to, and I could have downloaded the Autorip from Amazon since Tuesday as well...

Curses.

After first listen I reckon it can grow to be my second favourite album of theirs.

I'm appreciating the whole album a lot more after reading through the lyrics. Really love Garvey's ability to find beauty in the ordinary.

i just have to say what a fantastic lyricist Guy Garvey is

new album is a slow burner in the best sense and beautiful

new album is a slow burner in the best sense and beautiful

This. I was too quick to judge in my first impressions. After a closer reading of the lyrics, and listening to a couple interviews, this album has grown on me immensely. There's an attention to beauty in the details, both musically and lyrically, that's seems to get better with each listen.

It may have just bumped Asleep in the Back out of 3rd on my list of favorite elbow albums.

After one listen, it is an extremely consistent affair. There were a few tracks on it that really soared, though I was doing something else at the time and so don't know the names. "Slow-burner" seems an apt description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom