Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what's interesting is that I have been to a few concerts in NYC with Doves and Elbow, and this Dennis and Lois couple were always there. I recall Jimi Goodwin of Doves dedicating a song to them. I was like, "who the hell are these people..."

They've been legendary boosters of the NYC music scene for several decades.

Does Elbow not currently have a label in the US? There doesn't appear to be any announcements of the plans for release here. It shouldn't matter in today's day and age, but it'd be nice to be able to support them legitimately.

Speaking of support, can U2 please get them to open some North American dates this year?? :drool:

If I recall correctly, Build a Rocket (COMMA) Boys (EXCLAMATION POINT) was released in the US a few months after the European release. I would expect the same this time, I guess?

I preordered it from Universal Music in England, because they had an offer where it was the live DVD right away, and then the CD when it was released. It seemed like a great price for both, especially if I assumed I'd have to buy it as an import anyway.

If I recall correctly, Build a Rocket (COMMA) Boys (EXCLAMATION POINT) was released in the US a few months after the European release. I would expect the same this time, I guess?

Yeah, that's true I remember having to import it last time around, this whole thing just seems so antiquated though. :sigh:

Just got around to, as Cori would say, Build a Rocket (COMMA) Boys (EXCLAMATION POINT), and I'm not sure why this album has such a negative reputation. It might be a bit homogenous, but I didn't find a single track that dragged or seemed out of place. And "The Birds" is glorious.

:up:

I'd rank it below Seldom Seen Kid and Leaders of the Free World, but I still think it's overall very good.

That barely counts.

I don't love Jesus Is a Rochdale Girl or The River, but I don't skip past them either.

I still haven't heard either of these new songs, Spotify is refusing to upload them for some reason. I'm not a real fan.

They're not on iTunes either, it's on Elbow for not having proper US distribution at the moment it seems. They're on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom