Edmonton V Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoman

Refugee
I understand that there are other threads for the playoffs but i would like to hear some of your comments on this specfic thread...i just dont have the time to read 10 pages of thread to here a few comment directly relating to the game.

Even though i have never laughed so hard in my life in some of the threads!!!

Well tonight is game 2 and the Oil are up a game. If they win this one then they are sitting pretty. Coming back to Edmonton with a 2-0 lead would be huge and the crowd would blow the roof off of Skyreach.

keys to tonights game:

Salo keeps it up and doesnt let so many rebounds, because Dallas could have potted a few last time out.

Horcoff, Izzy, Georges play like they were in gm 1...keep hitting and keep geting into Hatchers face and id the chance presents itself Georges should take a few shoots at Hatch and if he is man enough to drop the gloves KICK HIS ASS!!!

Comrie-York-D-Vo need to play a bit better...d-vo looked good but Comrie and York didnt look to effective.

The DMAN need to keep up their incredible play!!! Cross needs to stop taking penalties and the gronk of a Semenov needs to throw some weight!!

Yea tonights game is huuuuge. I think Edmonton has a chance because it is Turco's first playoffs, he let in a soft one last game, who know's what will happen the rest of they way. There are a lot of goalies who are great in the regular season who just aren't as good in the playoffs.

Also with Guerin and Turgeon out the Stars are a little shorthanded. IF Edmonton could go back home up 2-0 that place would be crazy. I think whoever wins tonight will win the series.

Should be a great game, can't wait.

Ya guerin isnt gonna be back. He hasnt even started riding the bike or skating, if he were to come back he'd be usless. And turgeon is out for the first round, but i think Boucher is back tonight.

Ya Turco says he's past the goal but it was just what the Oil needed. Something to make him think twice.

Did you watch any of the first game? Wasnt the crowd DEAD!

well what do you expect from fans in texas, not necessarily a hockey hot bed. with the way a lot of these new areans are built too its not nearly as loud and imposing as it used to be. i think thats a big reason why its not so hard to win on the road anymore, as evidenced by the 7-1 records for the road teams.

Hey i do give them crdit they were the only city to sellout on the first night. Ott, Philly and NJ didnt sellout!!

But they jsut didnt seem into it. I cant wait till they come here...and we show the hockey world where the loudest arena in the NHL is!!! HAHAHAHAHMUHAHAMUAHHAMWAHAHAHA

Chizip said:
well what do you expect from fans in texas, not necessarily a hockey hot bed. with the way a lot of these new areans are built too its not nearly as loud and imposing as it used to be. i think thats a big reason why its not so hard to win on the road anymore, as evidenced by the 7-1 records for the road teams.

LOL yeah, no Stars supporters on this forum at all. Not a popular team. Few of the analysts even remembered to mention them as a contender.

GO EDMONTON!!!

GOOAAAAAAAAAAL EDMONTON!!! 1-0

From a former Blue no less

Marty Reasoner always played well against the Stars with the Blues, I guess it's carried over

boooooooooooo, the refs are screwing edmonton, too many power plays.

Dammit. :madspit:
Between chizip's annoying headache inducing flashing avatar and the Canadian NHL teams playing like total crap....I feel the need to only do this:
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Man, the play by play announcer for this game was terrible! I thought I was watching golf there for a second until I saw the ice and players. I feel sorry for you guys in Alberta having to put up with that! At least we get Chris Cutfurd for the Canucks/Blues series.

Sunday night!......Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!.......Oilers....Stars......SKYREACH CENTRE!!!!

Can't wait....I wish I was going. Poor Nick :<

Man, if I wasn't in the middle of finals, I'd have half a mind to go to the Canucks game tonight. Apparently scalpers have been practically giving tickets away the last couple days. (For game 1, $110 tickets were going for $70.)

Good old scalpers....I should look into that.

I hear that around Edmonton a scalper can't sell his/her ticket for more than the face value. That's when it becomes a crime.

Back
Top Bottom