Editors - The Back Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Have any of you heard these guys???
Fans of Interpol should check these guys out immediately.
The album was released on July 25, 2005 so is basically brand new. Inevitable comparisons to Joy Division and Echo And The Bunnymen are riddled throughout most reviews as they were with Interpol. It's all true. But I take that as a positive thing. Check these guys out and tell me what you think.

I recently heard of them/read about them somewhere. Dont remember what I read/heard though. Thanks for mentioning them, I'll have to do some more research.

I've heard Blood and Munich on woxy.com(thanks to popmofo for posting that Architecture bit now I'm hooked on woxy.com). They are great, instantly one of my favorites. They are like Interpol but with a bit more funk in the hips. I don't think the album has been released in the States yet at least I didn't know it was if it is out. I've been looking for it but I'm not willing to pay $30 to import it.

I've had the album a couple of weeks now and having listened to it a few times I quite like it. I still think the singles are probably the best songs on the album, but that's not to say the other tracks aren't worth a listen too.

:ohmy:

Just got the album, its very good with some great tracks (Bullets, Munich, Blood, Lights). Definately recommended.

So the album was finally released here in the US (on March 21st) but I still can't find it anywhere! Guess I'll have to break down and go the iTunes way...

I've been totally addicted to Munich these past three days but I'm looking forward to getting into the rest of the album.

For those of you that have had a lot of time to digest the album... how is it holding up? Still listening to it?

:)

love them. went to see them play a couple a weeks ago and they are pretty good live as well.

hippy.....it's still on heavy rotation on my ipod anyaways. :)

Saw Editors play in Philly over the weekend. Good show, nothing spectacular. I've had the cd for a few weeks and it's really growing on me.

the interpol comparison is so obvious it's almost an insult to people's intelligence to mention it.
However, it's not nearly as good.

Doesn't the chorus in Munich sound a lot like Bravery's Honest Mistake?

barlowdog said:
Saw Editors play in Philly over the weekend. Good show, nothing spectacular. I've had the cd for a few weeks and it's really growing on me.

What did you think of stellastarr*?

knox said:

What did you think of stellastarr*?

Stellastar was good. I only recognized a couple songs, but they had lots of energy. The biggest flaw was the backing vocal's by the bass player. She seemed to do the same thing for almost every song. Overall, it was entertaining and the playing was crisp.

Malone said:

Doesn't the chorus in Munich sound a lot like Bravery's Honest Mistake?

It does a little, now that you mention it, but I am absolutely in love with the song Munich, while The Bravery are mediocre imo. I do like them alright though.

I'd compare Editors to Joy Division more than Interpol. Editors sound more like JD than Interpol does, I think. But I like their songs better than most of JD's :shrug: I should have just bought the whole album, instead I bought 5 songs individually from iTunes, and I love 'em all.

The first track on the album, Lights, is xtremely 80's U2.

I can't stop listening to this band!

one of my friends is absolutely obsessed with Interpol and now she finds the Editors to be just as lovely. guess who her number 2 band is now? :wink:

I love their songs Blood, Munich, and All Sparks. their entire album is pretty good overall though. not completely solid, but it's got plenty of hit songs.
I know it's a bit early, but I look forward to their follow up album. They've got lots of potential imo :up:

Editors will be playing at the following venues during their next US Tour
Tuesday, July 25: Atlanta, GA The Roxy

Thursday, July 27: Washington DC 9:30 Club

Friday, July 28: New York Irving Plaza

Saturday, July 29: Philadelphia Theater Of Living Arts

Sunday, July 30: Boston Paradise

Tuesday, August 1: Montreal Cabaret LaTulipe

Wednesday, August 2: Toronto Opera House

Thursday, August 3: Detroit Magic Stick

Friday, August 4: Chicago Grant Park (Lollapalooza)

Monday, August 7: San Francisco The Fillmore

Tuesday, August 8: Los Angeles Avalon

:hyper: :hyper:

hippy said:

I was listening to "Camera" today and realized what a great song it is...

the end of Camera - the final chorus with the bass and all - that is :drool: I mean it's really amazing.

I really need to get the rest of the album, the only songs I have are Lights, Munich, Blood, All Sparks, and Camera, and I listen to them all everyday. I'm seriously addicted to this band :huh:

Back
Top Bottom