Editors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
The singer looks like ZooTV Bono, and sings like Ian Curtis + Morrissey + guy from Interpol (without sounding flat as a pancake, that is).

Anyone like them? What should I listen to? Yeah, i disregarded the thread for asking about where to start.

Sorry.

Didn't we just have an Editors thread recently? The Back Room is pretty good--it's all I have by them. Some of it's top notch while some of it's filler. But it's still good.

Songs to listen to:

From Back Room:

Lights
Munich
Blood
Bullets

From End Had A Start:

Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors
An End Has A Start
The Weight Of The World
Escape The Nest
Spiders

The best songs from The Back Room are Munich, Blood, Camera, Fingers In The Factories, and Bullets.

Brilliant band who should be one of the biggest in the world.

There already is a recent thread dedicated to them, but you can never have too many Editors threads, a testament to how perfect they are at writing cracking songs...

An End Has a Start is better than people give it credit for! when i first heard it i thought that it was not as good as The Back Room but now i think its better! its definate grower! The latest single Raging Rats is pure class

got_edge said:
They're playing a show in my town tonight with Hot Hot Heat. I obviously found better things to do :pray: :pray:
They're in MTL on the 20th of January, and you know what? There is no FUCKING WAY I am sitting through shitty ass Hot Hot Heat and fucking horrible piece of shit crap horrible excuse for a band Louis XIV just to see Editors.

20 bucks my ass.

This thread should never die. These guys are GREAT!!! not good GREAT!!! If you have listened to An End Has A Sart and think its good... listen to it more because its GREAT!!!! I love these guys. I haven't been this excited about a band since, well, U2.

Watch the video for "Push Your Head Towards The Air" Just brilliant.

http://www.editorsofficial.com/

Last edited:
I had heard Racing Rats and loved it, and FINALLY got around to hearing the whole album. It's the next on my "MUST GET" list. :up:

After reading this thread, though, it sounds like their first album might be even better.

phanan said:
I still think the first album is better, but since my last post, I've grown to like the new album more. A solid effort.

I used to like it better but the more I listen to the 2nd album I'm finding each track is a masterpiece.

The songs are more subtle

Last edited:
I just got into Editors recently. I dig their singer's voice a lot; it's got shades of Ian Curtis and other vocalists in it, but still sounds quite peculiar and distinct.

So, their first album is definitely worth investigating then?

I think every song on both albums are very solid and both are worth getting. The Back Room is a little more accessible on the surface. An End... sounds the same at first but their are some very deep and serious undertones and a lot of growth in the music that you don't heard until repeated listens. I saw these guys in Denver a few weeks back and all I can say is they are THE REAL DEAL. Very good live and very professional. Awesome band.

I've been listening to the new album for a week or two now...good stuff. The Back Room is a little harder to get into as it's pretty generic Bloc Party kinda stuff on first listen.

Or how about the segue that is Push Yer Hands Into The Air into Escape The Nest.....very sweet.....

Lights is their best song, in my opinion. Reminds me of mid-80's Edge.

The Racing Rats has grown a lot on me since seeing them live (and meeting the band!)

The Racing Rats is the first song I heard of theirs, and just heard it a few months ago. It's had a permanent spot on my iPod since then, I'm just being a little slow about picking up their CDs.

I will continue to post great Editors moments each week as they are my favorite band right now. I want people to experience and enjoy how excelent these guys are.

Back
Top Bottom