Eddie Vedder talks about *****........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
.......well maybe, you be the judge. This comes from Rolling Stones first interview with Eddie Vedder in 10 years.

Rollingstone: How do you feel about Pearl Jam's level of success now? In 1993, Vs. sold more than a million copies out of the box. Riot Act sold a tenth of that in its opening week.

Eddie Vedder: We would be completely resigned to that. However, there is a group of people making music that seems to be very derivative of our first record [smiles]. And they are doing incredibly well-with much less raw talent to work with.

Rollingstone: Would you like to mention some names?

Eddie Vedder: They know who they are. I've heard a few of them-its part caricature, part karaoke. I guess we should be flattered, because they must have heard this stuff and been influenced by it. I just wish it was better.

Ok, who edited ***** out of the title and why?

Damn, is one not allowed type (C.R.E.E.D.) anymore? Why does it show up as ***** when I just type it regular without the periods?

where ya been, sting2?

***** :censored: is a inside joke at Interland.. it's been that way for months. :wink:

I usually type "Cre-ed" when I want to refer to the Stappster's band. :sexywink:

Melon

That interview is awesome.

The inside joke of editing C.reed is lame and old.

ha, awesome.

he shows such restraint in not lashing out at cr eed, i should take a page out of his notbook.

is this the May 29th issue...#923 or something? :hyper:
I tried to find it yesterday and it isn't out here in Canada yet! :rant:
I'm dying to read that interview...I've heard so much about it already.

mmmBono,

yep, I just recieved my issue in the mail a few days ago. A good interview with a couple of good pictures. I still have the last Pearl Jam interview and the only time they were on the cover of Rollingstone. Its from late 1993 before the release of the second album VS.

I was laughing when I started to read the part about C reed . I'd never seen Eddie or any member of Pearl Jam comment on all the comparisons before. But I think he hit the nail on the head when he compared them just to Pearl Jams first album and not anything after that.

About the only influence I've heard Kreed mention is U2, only by saying that Weathered was "their Joshua Tree" or something absurd like that. Eddie's pretty much spot on, though. :up:

In one of their fan club newsletters a couple of yrs back, PJ listed some PJ cover bands, and the last one on the list was *****. When I get home tonight I'll have to dig it out.

I just read that interview over my friend's shoulder on a flight back from, oddly enough, Seattle. I decided from this interview what I have suspected all along, that I am insanely in love with Eddie Vedder. The part about when he saw Springsteen in 1977 in the very last row, and how he sat there for (how long? 30 minutes? an hour?) after the show ended hoping they might come back for one more song, and then how his bootleg of The River tour got stolen, etc. and the way he described how depressed he became as a result...well, he is pretty damn cool.

And the part about *****...lol...because they are not anywhere on my radar, and because they have nothing to do with Pearl Jam in my mind, it didn't even occur to me that he was talking about them! Of course now it's so obvious, but ***** and Pearl Jam just don't ever exist in the same thought in my mind.

:drool: Eddie...the only man a lesbian friend of mine has ever had sexual fantasies about.

Last edited:
the only guy in c- reed to mention pj was their former bass player in an interview on k-rock radio. he said something along the lines of "I don't see the comparisons between us (c- reed) and pj at all. their first album was great, but then they just stopped writing good songs. I mean, where are the hooks?"
he was fired from c- reed shortly after.

JOFO said:
"I don't see the comparisons between us (c- reed) and pj at all. their first album was great, but then they just stopped writing good songs. I mean, where are the hooks?"

Are you :censored: ing kidding me? BWHAHAHAHA! :lmao:

And yes, I still childishly snicker at the fact that C-reed shows up as *****.

all of you aren't kidding here...man I've must have missed the boat...I had no idea!!...this is a test :lmao:
Obviously I've never typed out the name here and my curiosity is killing me....

:lmao:
Well. There it is!! :lol:
Oy...this is fun...
And this just about killed me...toooo funny: :drool:
Eddie...the only man a lesbian friend of mine has ever had sexual fantasies about
:lmao:
Joyfulgirl...that was priceless...get your lesbian friend to check out my latest journal entry. That just may convert her. :lol:

I'm sorry, I have to try it too. I totally missed the inside joke.

The article was good, I read it this afternoon.

edited to add: :lmao:
I have to stop missing the inside jokes.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
The inside joke of editing C.reed is lame and old.
you don't have to find it funny.

it's funny how so many people didn't know about the whole editing thing, i thought everyone knew. :laugh: but there's a lot of inside jokes i don't know about that everyone else probably thinks i should know about too (or maybe shouldn't...hehe). :D

it's funny to hear him mention that, and even funnier to see that scott doesn't list them as an influence. but i guess he is probably thinking, "isn't it obvious?!" and can't admit out loud that yes, his crappy band is blatantly ripping off another band.

Re: Yeah...

Flying FuManchu said:
***** ***** ***** ...Test...

I remember "Given to Fly" had one of the coolest melodies that I've ever heard from PJ. It's a good thing Vedder and crew are original and creative unlike that "other" band.

You know, I hear a little Metallica in the band Creedelicious.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but "given to fly" is the exact same melody and chords as led zeppelin's "going to california".

I'm sure it was an accident, and I do agree that they are original and creative....I just would've picked a different song as an example.

Yield is my favorite....no hooks!! BAH

to hell with scott and his "*****"

I must say it's somewhat sad to me that many of the bands who cite U2 (ie. the Joshua Tree tour) as a 'mindblowing' inspiration to them, are, well, crap. LiVE come to mind. Also *****. Also more than a few lame christian-pop outfits.

My favourite Pearl Jam album is Vitalogy mainly because of Eddie's broken-glass-throat-ripping screams. It's that simple, sadly. Yield is very good also.

Given To Fly was, and is, a fucking great song.

Yield is my favourite Pearl Jam album. I love everything about it - the songs, the cover art, the packaging, even the hidden track.

Back
Top Bottom