Eddie Vedder - Into The Wild Soundtrack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
515Pgcq0ARL._SS500_.jpg

Vedder's first solo record comes out on september 18th in the form of a soundtrack for the new Sean Penn movie "Into The Wild"... the first track, Hard Sun, has already leaked...

1. Setting Forth
2. No Ceiling
3. Far Behind
4. Rise
5. Long Nights
6. Tuolumne
7. Hard Sun
8. The Wolf
9. End of the Road
10. Society
11. Guaranteed

It can be preordered at http://pearljam.com/goods/ for $14 plus shipping or you can order the "bundle" which includes a limited edition organic cotton T shirt (supposed retail of 34.98) for an extra 5 bucks.

Be warned the norm for PJ shirts is they run small and there is no xxl.

Hewson said:
It can be preordered at http://pearljam.com/goods/ for $14 plus shipping or you can order the "bundle" which includes a limited edition organic cotton T shirt (supposed retail of 34.98) for an extra 5 bucks.

Be warned the norm for PJ shirts is they run small and there is no xxl.

oooh - didn't see the bundle. Thanks :up:

just listened to the lolla show again and can't wait for this new stuff :hyper:

Great version of Hard Sun! Classic Canadian tune and really feels like Eddie's cuppa tea. Where the hell is the original artist, Gordon Peterson, anyway? One hit song and album and he vanished.

Awesome song! Wonder if Neil Young tipped him off to it? Eddie really seems to be in a creative groove over the past two years. When you think about the projects and tours he and PJ have packed in since 2005, it's pretty impressive.

Can't wait for the movie. I actually gave the book to my mom as a gift a few years ago. She can't stand Pearl Jam...go figure! Maybe I'll stuff the DVD in her stocking for Christmas out of badness. :wink:

elevation2u said:
didn't he also write a song for Dead Man Walking... starring Sean Penn...

coincidence?
:hmm:

There are no coincidences. Dooo..dooo..dee..dooo. My attempt at spine-tingling music. :wink:

Actually, I'm pretty sure they've been friends for a few years now.

Hard Sun is a great song! Wow, I was impressed. The way the guitar blends with the music without you noticing when it came in reminds a bit of U2. I just hope the rest of the songs are as good or better and I think they will. :up:

elevation2u said:
didn't he also write a song for Dead Man Walking... starring Sean Penn...

coincidence?
:hmm:

not a coincidence.

long road and dead man appeared on the dead man walking soundtrack, his cover of hide your love away was on the i am sam soundtrack, and now this entire soundtrack of solo stuff.

he and penn are boys yo

Zootlesque said:
Loving the melody of Hard Sun. :love:

Thanks for the Spinner link! :rockon:

You are welcome! :rockon:

I heard the radio edit of Hard Sun today...a little too short! It's missing the chanting bit. The chanting bit is crucial. :wink:

In other solo-Eddie news, he made a surprise appearance with Crowded House at a Seattle music festival last weekend. He joined them for World Where You Live and Something So Strong.

That's one incredible shirt. :drool:

1300700815_85cccf6cbd_m.jpg

1301502512_78caefca64_m.jpg

1301704629_ad0f85745e_m.jpg

Whoa, I've been looking forward to this movie, and I knew about the song but didn't realize it was an entire album of Vedder music...:drool:

...now, where's the next PJ album??

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

Theyre going back into the studio next april.
SO EXCITED!

:drool:

Possibility of so many of my favorite artists coming out with albums next year is mind-blowing...but also setting myself up for disappointment. There's a lot out in the next weeks to be excited for, this release, Dropkick Murphys, Foo Fighters, Bruce, etc.

Oh BTW, yes there is quite a connection between Vedder and Penn (Vedder's politics and outward personality I can take, Penn not so much, although he is a top notch actor) as he also contributed to the I Am Sam soundtrack, and this week's Entertainment Weekly features a short interview with Vedder about this mentioning how Penn convinced him to contribute to Into The Wild while they were hanging around watching it. So apparently Vedder + Penn = :heart:

Back
Top Bottom