Eddie Vedder - Into The Wild Soundtrack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
angelordevil said:

Get! Get! :hyper:

I'm listening over and over...I love new music. Like an audio Christmas. :drool: It's a great album, just keep in mind that it's for movie, so many of the songs are very short...but there's something special about that containment...they're basically beautiful campfire songs, very stripped-down and completely stirring. You also get a real sense of place...and that place is the wilderness. It's really whet my appetite for seeing the film, and the journey this guy went through.

From Guaranteed:

Wind in my hair
I feel part of everywhere
Underneath my being is a road that's disappeared
Late at night I hear the trees
They're singing with the dead overhead

Eddie's voice is so great throughout...understated, yet soaring in key moments. I can see PJ fans obviously liking it, because it's reminiscent of PJ's quieter moments, like Soon Forget, or Around The Bend...but it's also the kind of project that could draw new people in.

I'm glad some people look at it that way as well, some of the idiot reviewers kept commenting on the brevity of the album (it is the soul of wit afterall), they completely missed the point.

BTW, I bought the CD and hadn't noticed the iTunes version, anyone have the extra tracks??

SeattleVertigo said:
I have to say I'm not a big fan of the two-minute gap of silence in the middle of the last track, Guaranteed. Why do artists do this?

Because that's actually a hidden track, the first part is Vedder's lyrics/vocal version, the second half is the humming/wordless version that's in the movie.

Simply breathtaking! Eddie Vedder - stripped down, sparse, foreboding. . . the soundtrack coincides with the sentiment of the film beautifully! I'm in love; I only wish there was more to it! My two favorites thus far: Society and Hard Sun.

Ahh, I wasn't sure what the second cover was, I knew Hard Sun was. Then yes Guranteed, or Rise I think will be the ones they'll push.

Has anyone seen the movie? Is there a thread about it I missed on one of the forums I fail to traffic.

God, these songs really take it out of me now that I have seen the movie twice.

Absolutely brilliant work by Vedder for a film beyond my expectations about a tragic and heartbreaking anti-hero portrayed brilliantly by Emile Hirsch.

Anu said:
Has anyone seen the movie?

I've seen it three times in the past week and I plan on seeing it again this weekend. I don't think there ever was a thread for it, but there should be. I wrote a short review on my blog as well as an entry about the time McCandless spent in my neighborhood. The soundtrack is absolutely beautiful.

I randomly popped into this thread today and had to check out this blog myself - I will be bookmarking it and delving deeper later. It looks great!

You guys are awesome to say these things. I feel like I can't express enough how much it means to me when people enjoy what I write. I really, really appreciate it. Thank you, again, so much.

Now if only I could make a living doing it :love:

GoldenGlobeAward.jpg

Back
Top Bottom