Eddie Vedder - Into The Wild Soundtrack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah EW said it runs 33 minutes. But then again they also said it has 9 tracks, when it has 11.

powerhour24 said:
Yeah EW said it runs 33 minutes. But then again they also said it has 9 tracks, when it has 11.

It is 33 minutes with 11 tracks.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

Theyre going back into the studio next april.
SO EXCITED!
Where did you hear that? Just curious. I like to think that I'm on top of PJ news, but this nugget has apparently slipped past me.

Well...I cracked and downloaded this. I must say the songs are a bit short and underdeveloped for my tastes. They are so short, they almost seem like snippets. I did enjoy Hard Sun and Society. There are also two instrumentals. The rest makes for an interesting listen, but Ed Ved is trying to be a little to folky for my tastes.

Not bad, but not great either. And at 33 mins, this should be selling for an EP price.

greenlight7-11 said:

Where did you hear that? Just curious. I like to think that I'm on top of PJ news, but this nugget has apparently slipped past me.
Nevermind, I found it on the official forums. I don't read those boards very often, so that's why I hadn't heard.

eddiebeachvk0.jpg

Anton Corbijn photography. :drool: Eddie on the back of the album booklet. Just got back from the mall with this, but I love it already. Society. :love:

SeattleVertigo said:

Do it! Do it!

Get! Get! :hyper:

I'm listening over and over...I love new music. Like an audio Christmas. :drool: It's a great album, just keep in mind that it's for movie, so many of the songs are very short...but there's something special about that containment...they're basically beautiful campfire songs, very stripped-down and completely stirring. You also get a real sense of place...and that place is the wilderness. It's really whet my appetite for seeing the film, and the journey this guy went through.

From Guaranteed:

Wind in my hair
I feel part of everywhere
Underneath my being is a road that's disappeared
Late at night I hear the trees
They're singing with the dead overhead

Eddie's voice is so great throughout...understated, yet soaring in key moments. I can see PJ fans obviously liking it, because it's reminiscent of PJ's quieter moments, like Soon Forget, or Around The Bend...but it's also the kind of project that could draw new people in.

Well, I downloaded the album last night onto my Itunes.

Then I plugged my Ipod in and updated it.

Then, today, I listened to it while on the plane, it was perfect traveling music.

No spoken words said:
Then, today, I listened to it while on the plane, it was perfect traveling music.

I can see it being perfect for that! I have a feeling I'll love it even more when I listen during my next hike around town...there really is a 'transition between places' feel that's truly special...my innards are currently doing back-flips, and my heart has expanded 10 times. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom