Eddie Johnson's 'war' comments about facing Italy on saturday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Check this out:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5697006

Johnson was asked whether he was comparing a sporting event to a war.

"Yeah," he responded. "Whenever you put your jersey on and you look at your crest and the national anthem's going on, and you're playing against a different country, it's like you do or die, it's survival of the (fittest) over 90 minutes-plus. We're going to go out there and do whatever we've got to do, make tackles, do the things when the referee's not looking. ... to get three points."

:eyebrow:

It's a game, buddy.

Oh my God. This must be the first time in recorded history that an athlete has made inappropriate comments about comparing an athletic contest to war. Off with his head.

Hardly the worst thing an athlete has said. I kinda like that he has that much pride in playing for the US - it's a lot better than apathy.

He's definitely the only guy who played like it against the Czech Republic, that's for sure.

The way US and Italy have played, I don't think war or no war will help them.

randhail said:
Hardly the worst thing an athlete has said. I kinda like that he has that much pride in playing for the US - it's a lot better than apathy.

Yeah but comparing a football match to a war that probably shouldn't have happened in the first place?... and one that's for the most part, really unpopular the world over? I don't know. I thought Landon Donovon sounded over confident in those ads before the Czech Republic game when Team USA got their asses handed to them. They should show their skills on the field instead of talking their heads off. Isn't that what matters in the end? :shrug:

It is what matters, but smack-talk will be part of any sporting event build-up.

Still, the USA running their mouths off about anything footy-related is :lol:
Someone should tell Johnson the majority of his country doesn't give a fuck what happens at the WC.

roy keane said:
Who's kellen winslow?

He's a soldier!!!

221144.jpg

Who can't ride a motorcycle very well.

I did google search for winslow.I couldn't belive he was NFL star.I thought I knew NFL well, but I was wrong

Back
Top Bottom