Echo and the Bunnymen recording new album soon - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Zoots, we could rectify this fairly easily.

... by PM?

Old 08-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

... by PM?

Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:55 PM
Quote:

It was indeed a secret link in progress. It should be up now!

Your generosity is simply out of this world...like from Pluto, or something.

Zoots & company, The Killing Moon, and Ocean Rain, both songs from Ocean Rain are simply two of the best songs I've ever heard, seriously. There are others songs, like Over the Wall, from 'Heaven' that are just as stellar, and will make you wonder why you weren't exposed to them before. If you factor in the release dates for these albums, it's easy to see how they were such an influence at the time.

Quote:

I have this one version of Crocodiles that is simply out of this world. Ian McCulloch sounds like he's either out of his mind, drunk, or on something. Maybe a combination of all three. Either way, it's incredible. Almost four minutes longer than the album version!

The version in the link I gave earlier is pretty intense, with a few snippets of The Doors and Rolling Stones...great song
Old 08-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

The version in the link I gave earlier is pretty intense, with a few snippets of The Doors and Rolling Stones...great song
Ha, yes, Ian loves to snippet The Doors! They did a few Doors covers actually. Big fans.

I have to download that show. I don't have it. Thanks for the link!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:11 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Ha, yes, Ian loves to snippet The Doors! They did a few Doors covers actually. Big fans.

I have to download that show. I don't have it. Thanks for the link!
I sensed their Doors appreciation...the People are Strange cover is great! I played Ballyhoo over my mom's stereo on the weekend, and she was especially impressed with that song because of her fondness for the original. I also converted her to the band...she had no idea who they were before, but liked them right away.

Thanks for your links
Old 09-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Go to www.fabchannel.com, type 'Echo & The Bunnymen' in the search box on the top right.

I'm now officially sold on their brilliance
Old 09-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil
Go to www.fabchannel.com, type 'Echo & The Bunnymen' in the search box on the top right.

I'm now officially sold on their brilliance
That was great! One of the best performances of Scissors In The Sand I've seen. Actually, everything off of Siberia was done well at that show. Ian struggled a little on some of the older songs, but the new songs more than made up for it!

I could have seen them in Vancouver if I had the money for the plane ticket. Hardly anyone good ever comes here! We should petition for quality bands and performers at Mile One.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

That was great! One of the best performances of Scissors In The Sand I've seen. Actually, everything off of Siberia was done well at that show. Ian struggled a little on some of the older songs, but the new songs more than made up for it!

I could have seen them in Vancouver if I had the money for the plane ticket. Hardly anyone good ever comes here! We should petition for quality bands and performers at Mile One.
I loved when he screwed up The Killing Moon...he mumbled, "This isn't happening" or something like that. I'll have to watch again.

But, yes, the Siberia stuff was great. That whole album is pretty stellar...it really impresses me. Scissors In The Sand, All Because Of You Days, Stormy Weather...they're all like classic songs that nobody's really heard outside of their fanbase.

I'm all for petitioning! I actually have a background in this...I once wrote Pearl Jam's fanclub an email describing how incredible Newfoundland is. And, hey, they did show up eventually! It was interesting to witness their Newfoundland appreciation evolve during their stay. The first show was somewhat routine, but by the second night, they were inserting St. John's references into songs and talking about hiking up Signal Hill.

I actually think there's a reasonable chance of The Arcade Fire coming here in the near future. The Bunnymen would be a stretch, unless we went door-to-door with a CD and got people to listen.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Siberia kicks ass. Just wanted to say that.

And oh, the Crystal Days collection is gold too.

This site has way too few Echo & The Bunnymen fans.

Zoot., did the lovely GibsonGirl provide you with some stellar material, and have you listened to it?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
Zoot., did the lovely GibsonGirl provide you with some stellar material, and have you listened to it?
She did. After a few listenings, I have finally warmed up to some of the songs on Crocodiles! It's amazing how much these guys sound like early U2!!! Or how much early U2 sounds like these guys!