eBay help--QUICKLY please! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2003, 12:32 AM   #1
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:03 PM
eBay help--QUICKLY please!

I bid on an iBook on eBay. It was a pretty good price and, up until today, I was happy to be winning the auction. But I recently (as in the past few hours) realized I'm going to have a few significant expenses coming up and I shouldn't be blowing a few hundred dollars on a computer right now. What should I do??? I don't think they'll let me retract the bid.

Join Amnesty.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:36 AM   #2
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Yes...you can retract your bid...if it doesn't sell after you retract, you could end up with a negative feedback but that's better than spending money you don't have.

Quick...retract that bid!!!

Old 03-09-2003, 12:36 AM   #3
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:03 PM
You can retract the bid, I believe if there's 12 hours or more left. If it's under 12 hours, then you can't.

The bid retraction is noted in your feedback. If you are the winner and back out, you'll probably get negative feedback from the seller. I don' t know how important it is to you, but as a seller myself, I don't like to sell to people that have too many negatives. As a buyer, I don't buy from anyone with negative feedback unless they have a huge rating and a very small amount of negatives.

I would suggest emailing the seller, using the ask seller a question option. Are there other bidders? Maybe they can just try to do a "second" chance option and offer it to them if you are indeed the winner.

I buy and sell all the time so if you have any questions let me know and I will see if I can help you.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:52 AM   #4
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:03 PM
Okay, I retracted the bid--I realized that you can retract bids if the seller has changed the item description, which he did, so I picked that option. There was one other bidder on it, so he'll still get rid of his computer even without my bid.

I hated doing that, but with having to buy a plane ticket in the very near future, a few hundred dollars suddenly became a lot of money.

Join Amnesty.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:14 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:03 PM
I've retracted before too... the seller didn't mind, and I actually ended up buying from him anyway... and he gave positive feedback. As long as you are courteous and contact the seller, most people understand.

Warning: do not buy something from people with more than one negative feedback... I got stiffed from doing that.