eBay Account Suspended?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
I got an email today, supposedly from e-Bay saying my account would be suspended unless I verify my email address. It said it was updating its records and found my information incorrect or incomplete. I signed in, then it took me to a screen where I was instructed to fill in my address, paypal account info and credit card info. I didn't fill any of that out, it seemed too much like a scam.

Anyone else get an email like this? Just wondering if it's for real or not...

Forward it immediately to spoof@ebay.com

There are lots of these going around, ebay and paypal. Scammers send them out to get you to fill in the information, then they hijack your ebay or paypal account. Not fun.

JessicaAnn said:
I even got a similar e-mail from Citibank. Bastards!

LOL...was it the one with the really good grammar and spelling that I got? Bastards is right :mad:

Yesterday I started getting them from "Yahoo" saying among other things that my email account has been reported for abuse so I need to give them my password, that Yahoo has detected an enormous virus and I need to give them my password to download the antivirus software and that Yahoo will be terminating my account due to irregularities :|

I'm getting so pissed. I'm getting 20 emails with spoofed adresses per day, all containing a virus.

Sites and services that are secure should NEVER communicate via e-mail, IMO. It just ads to SPAM and the spread of viruses. I get questions all the time at work (I answer computer questions) about e-mails from microsoft about updates, but the truth is, companies like microsoft would never send an e-mail for updates. That's why sites like Windows Update exist, so you can go there yourself and see if you're up-to-date. I get e-mails from eBay about items I should look at, etc. and I'd be pretty ticked if they sent something important via e-mail.

I anyone suspects they have a virus, go here and run the top 15 or so fixtools, if you don't want to buy an antivurs program:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

I used to get ebay and paypal update emails all the time. Paypal used to say my credit card had expired and to please update when it hadn't yet expired. I emailed paypal a few times asking why I got the email and they never responded.

I have another EBAY question.....

I'm currently the "highest" (and only lol) bidder for an item. But I haven't met the reserve price. I tried to up my bid a little, but every time I do that it says I am putting in my "maximum" bid and my current bid remains the same. :der: I have no idea why this is happening- can I not up my current bid until I get outbid? But what if I want to up it so I can match the reserve price??

:help:

oliveu2cm said:
I have another EBAY question.....

I'm currently the "highest" (and only lol) bidder for an item. But I haven't met the reserve price. I tried to up my bid a little, but every time I do that it says I am putting in my "maximum" bid and my current bid remains the same. :der: I have no idea why this is happening- can I not up my current bid until I get outbid? But what if I want to up it so I can match the reserve price??

:help:

If you're the only one bidding and you're bidding up, it probably means you still haven't met the reserve. The maximum bid under current bid will stay the same b/c you don't bid yourself up, but if someone else bids, then it will go up b/c you'd automatically outbid them since you entered in a higher number. I bet once you meet the reserve price, the bid will go up even if you're the only one bidding. When you enter a new maximum bid, I'm guessing it says "You are the highest bidder...reserve not met" so you still need to bid up if you want to meet reserve. It will tell you when reserve has been met. Make any sense?

Oh you are right LivLuv! thank you!! I bid up to my max, which also happened to be the reserve price. 2 hours left.. lol.

Yeah reserve auctions are lame!! :down:

Tis why I dont even bid on reserve auctions, nor will I ever put a reserve on any item I sell.

Sicy said:
Tis why I dont even bid on reserve auctions, nor will I ever put a reserve on any item I sell.

I put a reserve on an item as a joke. I just wanted to see if someone would actually spend that much money never thinking anyone would. But someone did and then that person was out bid and I ended up making a ton of money. I was actually planning on seeing how much the highest bid was since they wouldn't win unless they met the reserve. Then I was just going to do "buy it now" for that price. Part of me felt bad because they totally got screwed but I guess they really wanted the item if they spent that much money.

Back
Top Bottom