Earthquake in Los Angeles!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are right, it is used and abused but you can't really help it when you see that BAW's Bono didnt fall off the wall.
So I guess the joke will work from time to time ;)

Yeah, it's old and I know some people don't find the humor in it, but that particular Bono pic has a history of falling off that bookshelf and conking people on the head so when it didn't move an inch this time, I couldn't resist :wink:

We're about 5 miles from the epicenter and this was probably the scariest quake I've ever felt. We had no major damage but tons of stuff fell off of shelves and broke, the pictures that didn't fall off the walls are crooked and a bunch of stuff fell and broke in the backyard.

Rick's office took the worst hit. Almost everything fell, a lot of it broke but the funniest thing was the lamp hanging upside down from the bookshelf!

Woah! 5 miles, that's really close. I'm glad you're OK. But sorry to hear about the mess it made. :hug:

I would have been scared out of my mind, if it had happened up here.

Rick's office took the worst hit. Almost everything fell, a lot of it broke but the funniest thing was the lamp hanging upside down from the bookshelf!

IMG_3950.jpg

:lol:

I was on the phone with a client in Oceanside; I was standing at my desk, my back to the window when we started shaking, first strong then stronger; it was actually kinda surreal...things started flying off the bookcases, my pictures were moving and I heard some glass breaking..all the while, I'm telling my client what's going on and he said, "I can hear it but I can't feel anything...!" 5 seconds later, he's getting it 50 miles south of us...

No significant damage but a front window spider cracked from top to bottom...

Wasn't rolling here in Torrance, more shaking, but it only lasted 5-6 seconds. Wow, BAW you got hit a lot harder there. Scary!~ and I'm glad bono's okay. Whew!

YAWN. I've been living in SoCal since 1999 and I think I've only actually felt an earthquake like 5 times. Today was one of those things where for 15 seconds you're like "Uhhh..." and then afterwards it's "hey, that was kind of fun!" Obviously it was a little scarier for people living south of Los Angeles, but if this occasional thing is the price of having the best weather in the country, I will gladly continue to pay it.

scared the crap out of me and they usually don't. I was on the 7th floor and we rolled for quite a while. Just got home and things are out of cupboards and my unstable piles o crap in the garage have fallen but nothing worse than that.

Wow, BAWs, you guys got hit hard. I didn't expect to see that. Watching the news from out here I forget how scary those things used to be. I can't say I miss them at all. We didn't feel anything out here, it was centered too far west.

I'm really glad you guys are ok.

Were there any broken wine glasses? :hyper:

Well it will be a week long drill to prepare us for "THE BIG ONE :yikes: "..but we have had earthquake drills from kindergarden to my current employment!!...Thats is a lot of drills, but really trying to stay calm in the midst of disaster, who can really remember all these drills, good thing they were quite organized at work and told us to get under our desks and away from the windows if it hit again, it would not have been wise to evacuate, in case windows shattered. The building where I work is mostly all windows

Back
Top Bottom