Earsweetness: new Outkast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Their new single has been released I guess, or at least a promo. Or something. Well whatever it is, it's online and it's nice to hear new music from Big Boi and Andre 3000. Search for ghettomusick and she lives in my lap. Took a few listens to grow on me, but I must say I do enjoy thees new musics.

Definately looking forward to the new album.

Aesop Rock's new one is pretty good too after listening to 1.5 tracks

I got it off a binary newsgroup: alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.rap-hiphop, with a binary newsgroup reader, more specifically XNews

I noticed some people had it shared on soulseek though, including me (my username is skeek) though I'm not sure if sharing is set up properly because i'm involved in reinstalling windows right now

After listening to it, I'm fairly unconvinced this is really Outkast, nothing in it sounds anything like them to me.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
downloading from yours slsk skeek. cheers!

Please forgive my stupidity btu I cannot figure out how to find a user on soulseek. How do I find Skeek's stuff?

HeadsOnSticks said:

Please forgive my stupidity btu I cannot figure out how to find a user on soulseek. How do I find Skeek's stuff?

never mind. my dumb ass figured it out.

OK, I love She Live In My Lap! It's very Prince! Andre 3000 tweaks his voice and it sounds amazing! I can't wait to get the album!

Oh I am so stoked for the new album!!! I hope that it is southernplayalisticcadillacfunky.
Thanks for the tip off.

HeadsOnSticks said:
OK, I love She Live In My Lap! It's very Prince! Andre 3000 tweaks his voice and it sounds amazing! I can't wait to get the album!

I'm fairly certain that's not a tweak and isn't Andre at all.

I could be wrong though, wouldnt be the first time. I personally think the beats/song writing are about the worst out of anything I've ever heard done by Outkast too, which makes me disbelieve it's legit.

Ghettomusik is pretty sweet though.

Last edited:
Skeek, I added you to my Soulseek userlist. If you ever get any messages from some weirdo named " U2AFI " on there, it's me :wink:

It's very very definately Outkast, it's got their voices.. and that is def andre in she lives in my lap... i love his voice in that track, although there are different voices in the track and its not all him.

This is rather different from their other stuff, but still has the signature outkastishnesses. the short bursts of harmony, electric guitars, and crazy synths etc.

mofo.. I can understand not liking this stuff at first, or maybe outright hating it.. but give it a chance, dance around, listen on some good headphones or something. hopefully you'll come to like it, cause face it it's nicer to like things ;)

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

I'm fairly certain that's not a tweak and isn't Andre at all.

I could be wrong though, wouldnt be the first time. I personally think the beats/song writing are about the worst out of anything I've ever heard done by Outkast too, which makes me disbelieve it's legit.

Ghettomusik is pretty sweet though.

It is Andre, I can tell by the way he phrases his words. And that's Rosario Dawson on the beginning.

I downloaded She Lives In My Lap.. pretty good, definitely Prince-y. I'll wait until it comes out to hear any more -- any idea when it's going to be released?

The new album, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, which is a double CD where each Big Boi and andre 3000 each have a solo album.. is due August 26 I believe. Which is good news to me, because a few weeks ago I read an article that had it misprinted as September 26, so now that I've been corrected it seems like its a month early! wheee!

I love their album ATLiens... don't let it get overshadowed by Stankonia and Aquemini

Daaaamn woman! i wanna go to an outkast party! I can totally picture outkast totally living it up as far as jewels and finery are concerned

Hey ya is wicked wicked song.. actually I'm listening to it right now. Lovely video too.

And actually I'm currently listening to the entirety of Speakerboxxx/The Love Below as it leaked about 2 days ago.

I haven't actually heard the whole thing, but it's pretty funky and crazy and psycho. There's some really awesome tracks, and some that are quite strange and nuts (what else would you expect from Outkast?) hopefully they will grow on me.

Wow, I didnt know it had leaked.....

To download or to wait for the cd... hmm...

How do you think this compares to Stankonia, Skeek? Better, worse, same?

Whose cd do you like the most so far? I imagine I'll enjoy Andre's a little more, but I'm just guessing.

I'm listening to Big Boi's album for the second time really loud and it's realllly clikkin wit me. Some awesome grooves and beats and whacked out rapping (not to mention someone's tiny kid singing 'the whole world' in one of the interludes).

The Andre 3000 song with Norah Jones (called Take Off Your Cool) is really cool, too.

So far I actually like Big Boi's more.. but after listening once I liked 'em both about the same. now I've just heard big boi's more, and on better speakers. It's really too soon to say how I like it compared to the older stuff like Stankonia.. it's certainly different.. funkier, lots of horns. I think my initial reaction is more positive than to any of their other albums I've heard, but in the long run that doesn't mean too much.

There's some really whacked out stuff on andre's.. his is possibly more interesting (including a whacked out funkjazz instrumental version of My Favourite Things from the Sound of Music) but after one album it sort of seems like it maybe doesn't hold together as songs as well as big boi's. but like i said... time will tell.

Last edited:
SkeeK, could you e-mail me ASAP, letting me know if you want me to exchange those Radiohead tix for Oct. 15th at the Skydome. :)

Okay, back to Outkast now.

Yes I think that would be a good idea. Right now though, I am at 'home' where I have no access to my tickets or my email, as both are in my dorm at mcmaster and I am also fairly inebriated. I will email you as soon as I get back.

Back
Top Bottom